Grant Holt

samjp26

OK OK I've got one. My turn.

He'll probably usually come on as a sub. Get half an hour here or there. Maybe make the odd start. Not set the world alight but be fairly decent and get a few goals and assists that will earn us some (probably very valuable) points. He'll then go back to his parent club in the summer with no lasting damage to our finances.

• Like 2

With the unexpected chance of top flight football again under a manager that wants him hopefully Holt will be motivated enough in training to lose the excess weight and actually benefit the team in the run in but i suppose we'll see soon enough?

Can't we all just... get along?  :(

It's extremely hard to when certain posters are continuously negative. Yes, Holt doesn't look like the most inspiring signing ever, but why cant people allow him to play a few games for the club before getting on his back. 

Also extremely difficult when certain posters have there heads firmly stuck in the sand.

He'll probably usually come on as a sub. Get half an hour here or there. Maybe make the odd start. Not set the world alight but be fairly decent and get a few goals and assists that will earn us some (probably very valuable) points. He'll then go back to his parent club in the summer with no lasting damage to our finances.

Are you for serious? What a total joke of a post.

• Like 2

It's not the negativity really. There's just some fans like that.

It's just that it pops in almost every thread in this forum. There's not a thread I go to that doesn't have the same few people blasting everyone that isn't in complete agreement with the shittiness of everything.

the next gen thread really was the worst example

Was that the thread where the acadamy director said the same things I did a day later.

• Like 1

Are you for serious? What a total joke of a post.

Agreed it was pathetic, 7 sentences and not even a personal dig at him being apparently overweight. Rubbish BOF, rubbish.

• Like 2

Please let him finish top scorer, please. The backtracking/revisionism would be more delicious than the ambrosia of the gods.

I would like him to be top scorer as it would mean that he'd have been a success. And that will be good for Aston Villa.

The fact that you state you'd like this to happen for other reasons. Well that's not much of a surprise.

Haha yeah that's strange. Surely you should be happy that villa do well not that you get to mock strangers with a different opinion.

• Like 1

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's fairly decent and gets a few goals and assists.

£5 million Kozak struggled to do all of those things.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's fairly decent and gets a few goals and assists.

Kozak has 4 goals in 14 league games, a good few of which were sub appearances. I call that a few goals.

Edit: 4 goals from 8 starts.

Edited by limvillian

Kozak has 4 goals in 14 league games, a good few of which were sub appearances. I call that a few goals.

I said do all of those things. I don't think he's got many assists and apart from the city game has barely looked decent.

OK he's hear now so I will stop moaning and digging at him.

Why didn't we sign him in the summer instead of Kozak then? Holt would have been a lot cheaper, around £5m saving by my guess and we could of spent the that on a creative player? I am sure we could have dug someone up for £5m. Instead we still sit here now looking to spend £1m on Hoolahan? Makes no sense to me?

Edited by DelboyVilla

We can agree to disagree on Kozak but even so, it might be why Lambert bought an experienced striker that has done it in the Premier League already. He did say he was going to buy experience.

I said do all of those things. I don't think he's got many assists and apart from the city game has barely looked decent.

Last time I checked this was the Grant Holt thread.

Edited by StefanAVFC

14 Premier League games, 4 goals. 36.4% of his shots were goals, 63.6% of his shots were on target.

Our second highest scorer behind Benteke and with better goals/shots/shots on target percentages than any of our other players. Did alright IMO.

• Like 2

You said he struggled to do all those things, he hasn't struggled to get a few goals. 

Â