Grant Holt

samjp26

:o People expecting him to score 5-7 goals in 17 games, presumably as s bench player... Talk about setting him up to fail.

I'd say if he scores a single 3-point winning goal he'd be a huge success.

A huge success? Really?

:o People expecting him to score 5-7 goals in 17 games, presumably as s bench player... Talk about setting him up to fail.

A huge success? Really?

Absolutely. No striker coming off the bench has scored a single goal for Villa all season. Pretty sure ( I may be wrong ) the only goal scored from a sub was Bacuna's against Cardiff. Why would you expect Grant Holt to do much more? 

A huge success? Really?

Absolutely. No striker coming off the bench has scored a single goal for Villa all season. Pretty sure ( I may be wrong ) the only goal scored from a sub was Bacuna's against Cardiff. Why would you expect Grant Holt to do much more? 

Kozak came on early for Benteke at Norwich and scored the winner

Edited by Pez1974
  • Like 1

Hopefully he can show benteke how to rough up defenders

Blimey, it wasn't so long ago he was being labelled as the " Beast"

reputations don't last long, do they?

I see the point dakid007 was trying to make here, yes Benteke is a beast and does rough up defenders, however look at the amount of free-kicks he concedes in doing so, Holt on the other hand has a lot more nous about him and you will see time and time again that although he is often dishing it out to defenders he seems to get a lot of decisions, definitely something Benteke could learn from him.

If he wasn't 33 and struggling in the championship I might buy into the argument.

It is a short term loan deal for goodness' sake. Ungrateful people, tut tut.
Ungrateful? What a load of shit. Why should I be grateful of yet another season of watching shit football.

Getting boring now BJ.....on his day Holt is a handful and can be a nasty fecker, if 10% of that rubs off on Benteke it's worth the loan fee in itself

Haha means very good indeed. I agree with you without a doubt, on my three trips to the DW Stadium I've had a pie and pint every time, the Balti ones are especially tasty :)

Looks like GH has been secretly eating the pies, I'd wondered why Uwe Rosler had been leaving the fat lazy **** on the bench, probably sneakily been eating them whilst sitting on the bench. I can imagine Rosler turning around in the intention of bringing on Holt and he is stuffing his face with one of the pies, reaction along the lines of "FFS Grant, I warned you before about eating them."

Shocking signing from PL, lack of ambition to sign an overweight and lazy striker who can't even get into Wigan's starting 11 in the Championship. Expecting a counter arguement of he was signed as Kozak's replacement, well we already have Helenius and Gabby can always play up top with two wingers either side. Sorry I forgot PL only wants us to play one style of football, Guzan to Benteke, HOOF :angry:

Had one good season in the Premier League (15 goals in the 2011/12 season) and has now progressively dropped down the ladder.

Well thought out post full of vitirol and abuse here, congratulations. Also, your attempt at humour is painfully unfunny.

It's also massively ironic, because you can almost guarantee he's in better shape than you.

Agree....you would think that a 'professional journalist' (hahahaha) could come up with something a little more insightful wouldn't you?

• Like 1

BJ is bang on the money. What a statement of how low we have sunk!

I would rather give an academy product a go than pay an obese has-been. He will be ineffective and to me Rosler must be thinking "Bonus, Send him to Villa to get himself fit and we'll sell him in the summer"

Insightful stuff! Which 'academy product' do you have in mind to replace Benteke, if injured?

if 10% of that rubs off on Benteke it's worth the loan fee in itself

Do you honestly think that £20million rated Benteke, a player going to the World Cup and an inflated ego since his little scoring run last year, is going to think he has anything to learn from an overweight journeyman we've borrowed from a club currently struggling to do anything in the league below us? Pull the other one!

I would rather give an academy product a go than pay an obese has-been. He will be ineffective and to me Rosler must be thinking "Bonus, Send him to Villa to get himself fit and we'll sell him in the summer"

Insightful stuff! Which 'academy product' do you have in mind to replace Benteke, if injured?

anyone with two legs

anyone with two legs

Apologies - let me expand.

Any centre half playing against an immobile Holt will have the easiest day in football history. Two seasons ago he could just about cut it but if he is so out of shape he will be a piece of piss to mark

If he wasn't 33 and struggling in the championship I might buy into the argument.

It is a short term loan deal for goodness' sake. Ungrateful people, tut tut.
Ungrateful? What a load of shit. Why should I be grateful of yet another season of watching shit football.

Getting boring now BJ.....on his day Holt is a handful and can be a nasty fecker, if 10% of that rubs off on Benteke it's worth the loan fee in itself

This is Benteke who left Chris Smalling looking like he'd been hit by a truck, and who broke somebody's collar bone, and last year in a pitiful Villa team was our highest scorer since Dwight Yorke.

Yeah, he's got a lot to learn from Grant Holt.

if 10% of that rubs off on Benteke it's worth the loan fee in itself

Do you honestly think that £20million rated Benteke, a player going to the World Cup and an inflated ego since his little scoring run last year, is going to think he has anything to learn from an overweight journeyman we've borrowed from a club currently struggling to do anything in the league below us? Pull the other one!

Beat me to it.

I find it incredulous that one side of the debate should decided the other is a ridiculous stance and then produce statements like this.

Â