Grant Holt

samjp26

OK, he's signed. I'm behind him now, and I'll give him a chance, just like I would anyone who pulls the shirt on. Welcome to the the most wonderful (although it may not feel like it at the moment) football club in the world. Put in 100%, help stick the ball in the back of the net, and write yourself a chapter in the history of the finest institution you'll ever get to play for.

OK, he's signed. I'm behind him now, and I'll give him a chance, just like I would anyone who pulls the shirt on. Welcome to the the most wonderful (although it may not feel like it at the moment) football club in the world. Put in 100%, help stick the ball in the back of the net, and write yourself a chapter in the history of the finest institution you'll ever get to play for.

As fans then does that mean we are all institutionalised ?

As fans then does that mean we are all institutionalised ?

Feels like we should be sometimes!

Edited by dAVe80

Couldn't give a **** about this fat slob playing for the villa, for me its more about what it symbolises...which is Lambert's pig headed insistence on having a big lump in the box for his 1980's long ball shite football.

Needless to say I dont agree with one atom of this,  still it made me laugh

Couldn't give a **** about this fat slob playing for the villa, for me its more about what it symbolises...which is Lambert's pig headed insistence on having a big lump in the box for his 1980's long ball shite football.

Yep. Its a worry that with the squad he's put together we have no other way of playing.

Needless to say I dont agree with one atom of this, still it made me laugh

So signing grant holt will see a change in the way we play football?

exactly pal

I don't see how anyone can get thier panties in a twist over this. It's a half season loan as a like for like back up for a player who is coincidentally also a backup and out for the same amount of time. Also with the added bonus of being low cost so as not to impact any further business due to its short term nature.

I could go on to say he offers an older head in a young team, but if you've made your mind up already it would be largely pointless (note: not a pun re Holt himself).

• Like 1

let's just hope this won't be the only signing, but I'm wiling to give this guy a chance. I just don't think the most pressing of issues is on the top part of the field, but rather in the middle and at the back.

exactly pal

I agree. Comfortably the worst day in our history.

Is he going to play every game between now and the end of the season do you think?

I'd say he's going to be one of the first options off the bench which tells you plan b will be the same as plan a. Hoof.

I think that Holt has been brought in to allow PL to have two different game plans. Plan A will be to hoof and fight and if after 70 minutes that isn't working then Plan B will be deployed …. bring on Grant Holt and fight and hoof desperately. PL has cleverly allowed himself the option of switching around the hoofing and fighting should it be necessary.

• Like 1

Â