Grant Holt

samjp26

Maybe he failed his medical

Here's hoping.

I'd be amazed if he passed to be fair, he looks a right state and has been struggling for fitness at Wigan according to reports. To be fair though the pies in Wigan are cracking..............

• Like 1

Stan: OK using your logic here - why have we not replaced a CH so quickly? We have had one out with long term injury nearly all season - someone that I think you (and apologies if it was someone else) said was a very good signing?

Now someone has mentioned it, I do think that Ireland going has freed up wages to allow for Holt which indicates that he may not be the cheap option that some were making out - plus of course you have loan fees etc. Will that have an influence on any other signings?

For me it's like Lambert is playing his first game of Football Manager and hasn't yet understood the way to get players in etc

How do you know we won't replace a CH? We're only halfway through the window.

Absolutely - BUT the CH is something that we have been missing since Aug / Sep? It's not as though this was a new requirement and we saw again last night the fragility of the current set we have. The signing of yet another forward and especially one of his talent (!) and wages was never number 1 prty. Signing a defender and a midfielder certainly was.

Very unlikely Lambert will bring in a CB - I can't imagine we could buy or loan anyone better than we currently have with the funds available

With the money available - Hoolahan is probably the best we can look forward to this window

I reckon he will do the job that is required

Yet an average championship side who currently own him have no interest in having him do any sort of a job for them.

Different managers want different things, and need different personal; its a fairly typical thing. 

Look at Stephen Ireland; utter tripe for four Villa managers, maybe .1 decent game in how many years. Mark Hughes can’t wait to get him. 

I am not inclined either way by this signing. But I am not going to damn the manager or say I am not supporting Villa when he comes until I ve actually seen him play. Sure its not getting me excited, but to be honest I haven’t been excited since the days of signing Carew, et al. 

I ve no idea how much he is costing, and what this has install for the rest of the transfer window. He is obviously the cheap option as we didn’t want to sign that guy from Everton because he was too expensive (I wonder what the toxic legacy of some of Moyes signings is?)

To be fair it reminds me a little bit of the Chris Sutton signing. IIRC correctly he had been released by Birmingham City, he came in and did what was wanted of him. A pity we lost him to injury. 

• Like 2

Gudietti or Holt on loan?.........hmmmm, let me think about it.

I don't trust Lambert anymore, i think he has completely lost it.Quicker he goes the better, if we stop up this year, it will only be because CB gets us out of it.Take CB out of our team and we incredibly average.Lamberts making, don't give him any more money.

Very unlikely Lambert will bring in a CB - I can't imagine we could buy or loan anyone better than we currently have with the funds available

With the money available - Hoolahan is probably the best we can look forward to this window

What funds do we have available then?

isn't anyone in the slightest bit interested what holt and benteke could do though? could be a great foil for tekkers. I cant really think of any1 else in our range that has that kind of physical presence. maybe lambert has acknowledged that our midfield is dogshit and its probably best to cut out the middle man and go hoof hoof hoof, nick 5-6 wins between now and the end of the season and then start putting a midfield together again?

isn't anyone in the slightest bit interested what holt and benteke could do though? could be a great foil for tekkers. I cant really think of any1 else in our range that has that kind of physical presence. maybe lambert has acknowledged that our midfield is dogshit and its probably best to cut out the middle man and go hoof hoof hoof, nick 5-6 wins between now and the end of the season and then start putting a midfield together again?

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

They'd certainly be a nightmare for defenders, and if we do get a number 10 in, Holt could, bizarrely, become a masterstroke because of the space that'd be created

Not that that's what'll happen or anything 

Â