Grant Holt

samjp26

I personally think Benteke can learn a lot from Holt about being more of a nuisance to opposition defenders, and holding up the ball better.

Holt isn't an ideal signing, of course he isn't, but surely this type of signing highlights the lack of resources Lambert is working with?

• Like 1

Risso, your post kinda implies that the only way Holt (Kitna) could be deemed a success or worthwhile is if Villa (Cowboys) get to the CL (Superbowl).

Even though it wasn't me who mentioned the Superbowl? :wacko:

:bang: Delboy, sorry Risso :) I assumed your response was the latest in your conversation.

Risso, your post kinda implies that the only way Holt (Kitna) could be deemed a success or worthwhile is if Villa (Cowboys) get to the CL (Superbowl).

I think some posters still expect us to be competing for a CL place and judge the club accordingly. 

I think some posters need to take notice of who actually said what in threads!

I think some posters still expect us to be competing for a CL place and judge the club accordingly. 

I'll be disappointed if we don't win La Liga this season...

I personally think Benteke can learn a lot from Holt about being more of a nuisance to opposition defenders, and holding up the ball better.

Holt isn't an ideal signing, of course he isn't, but surely this type of signing highlights the lack of resources Lambert is working with?

Agreed. Benteke can learn a lot from Holt.

My problem with this is we have signed a 33 year old player with 2 year Premier League experience, who will not be match fit, who 2 years ago had 1 decent season and makes Richard Dunne look like Ronaldo in terms of movement. We have a policy of not wasting wages on overpaid, poor quality players who bring very little to the team? So how does Holt fit into that policy? He's not creative, which is what this team most lacks. It's just a waste of money.

Agreed. Benteke can learn a lot from Holt.

Yeah, how to eat 10 Big Macs without throwing up.

Maybe Holt could go and play for the Dallas Cowboys instead?  He's got the physique to be the new Refrigerator.

There already is the new refrigerator.

B.J Raji, who is rather wittily known as 'the freezer'.

nfl_u_raji_576.jpg

I think some posters need to take notice of who actually said what in threads!

I know what you have said Risso. You have mainly been making derogatory comments about Grant Holt. Well done. 

He will be able to give Benteke a few tips on how to piss defenders off. He may be able to teach Benteke how to win more free kicks (seeing as Benteke's shirt seems to be a pull-toyy for opposition defenders at the moment). He can help some of the young lads toughen up a bit. Him and Gabby can have a contest to see who is most disliked by opposition supporters.

He will be a nusiance in the box and hopefully get a few goals for us. He would have been perfect to bring on on 80 mins last night when Lowton was banging the crosses in. The amount of stick Lambert got on here for bringing on Bowery to close out games... and now people are moaning that he has brought in a better option to do that?

• Like 4

The abuse in this thread is embarrassing. 

Agreed. How can a professional footballer abuse his body so much?

haaahaha haha ha I made a homographic funny

Edited by StefanAVFC

He will be able to give Benteke a few tips on how to piss defenders off. He may be able to teach Benteke how to win more free kicks (seeing as Benteke's shirt seems to be a pull-toyy for opposition defenders at the moment). He can help some of the young lads toughen up a bit. Him and Gabby can have a contest to see who is most disliked by opposition supporters.

He will be a nusiance in the box and hopefully get a few goals for us. He would have been perfect to bring on on 80 mins last night when Lowton was banging the crosses in. The amount of stick Lambert got on here for bringing on Bowery to close out games... and now people are moaning that he has brought in a better option to do that?

Better than Bowery.  We've hit a new low in the defence of the indefensible.

A lot of people defending this signing, but I don't agree.

Clearly our finances are restricted, no one is going to debate that, so there's obviously a limit to how much we can afford to offer potential recruits both in terms of wages and transfer fees. So, to me, it makes no sense that we spend any of our limited resources on a sub-quality player that we can do without. In the grand scheme of what we need, another backup striker is right up there with replacing our reserve keeper. Yes there is some need to replace Kozak for the rest of the season, but there is an obvious and much much greater need to bring in an ACM. Beyond that, money permitting, we need cover at centre back and potentially a defensive mid who is actually capable of imposing himself on the game. So to take money away from these areas seems like a bad move to me. That said, there is an assumption on my part that our transfer dealings will be limited to players costing around £3m or below (perhaps in total), and should Lambert go out and spend £10m on Kiyotake and a half decent centre back, then all will be forgiven. But I don't see that happening; what I see happening is another couple of relatively underwhelming (though not unuseful) players like Hoolahan coming in, players who probably could be bettered if we'd saved money on the likes of Holt.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 3

Better than Bowery.  We've hit a new low in the defence of the indefensible.

Must be nice being so pessimistic about the team all the time, healthy.

Â