Steven Defour

Avflife

Well that clears things up. So based on this "article" I'm guessing that neither Villa or Spurs have, or plan to make a bid, and the same with any other English club.

Yep, clearly wants a move to England and not Anderlecht.

to be fair hes clearly available.. so why not shop him around? Lambert not interested though? Such a quality player who we could do with. Financial restraints? Ahh who can be bothered anymore.

• Like 1

Is he really quality though? He seems to be Porto's version of Stephen Ireland tbh.

This is what I'm wondering. Everyone wants him but I'm failing to see why. Porto and their fans certainly don't seem to rate him at all.

Is he really quality though? He seems to be Porto's version of Stephen Ireland tbh.

This is what I'm wondering. Everyone wants him but I'm failing to see why. Porto and their fans certainly don't seem to rate him at all.

I'd wager 95% of people here haven't actually seen him play.

But he's a foreign name at a big club and has been rated in the past so people want him.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen him either so he might be a great signing! But nobody even seems sure what position he plays so I doubt many of us actually know how he'd work out for us.

• Like 4

Well that clears things up. So based on this "article" I'm guessing that neither Villa or Spurs have, or plan to make a bid, and the same with any other English club.

Exactly. This piece of "journalism" is a simple reinterpretation of his agent's quotes from the other day.

"To say Anderlecht is not Steven's first choice is wrong. We get a lot of phone calls from agents who promise they can bring Steven to the Premier League," he said.

"For example, an agent telling us Tottenham is interested. So, it's logical we'll wait a little longer to make a decision when we hear Tottenham. But I haven't heard anything of them yet.

"Aston Villa's interest may become imminent, but the interest of Anderlecht is the most concrete since the beginning. They have always said they really want Steven.

Neither Villa nor Spurs have made a bid, but it looks like they're trying to coax one out of a premier league club.  Of course, having not bid, should he move somewhere else it will be a case of "Villa missing out again".

Linked in the media

Moves somewhere else

Villa get the blame 

The Sun seem to think we'll be bidding 4m for him shortly. They do seem to have an ITK on Villa as they'd said we'd gazump Celtic for Tonev before it happened and also we'd sign Vlaar before we actually did so we'll see.

Can't see Porto selling for that amount though.

The Sun seem to think we'll be bidding 4m for him shortly. They do seem to have an ITK on Villa as they'd said we'd gazump Celtic for Tonev before it happened and also we'd sign Vlaar before we actually did so we'll see.

Can't see Porto selling for that amount though.

I don't think a guy who spend most of his time on the bench in Porto will be that expensive. Especially not when he has publically said that he wants to leave for first team football ahead of the world cup.

If Spurs want Defour and we don't, that confirms the schools of thought that I suspected:

63856.jpg

"I should buy more midfielders...Spurs don't have enough midfielders..."

Paul-Lambert-006.jpg

"I should buy more strikers...bitches love strikers..."

Â