Steven Defour

Avflife

So porto want 6 mill for him even though they originally paid 5 mill and he's not even playing first team football on a regular basis?

Right... I guess your price goes up when you sit on the bench

maybe its VT syndrome when players get better when they dont play

• Like 1

Can we lock this thread or move it??

Direct quotss from Lamberts press conference in the Mail http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-am-fit-ready-6429182

Paul Lambert has dismissed talk of a swoop for Steven Defour and has ruled out rekindling Aston Villa’s tentative summer interest in Hiroshi Kiyotake as well.

Lambert does still want to boost the claret and blues’ options in the centre of the park and is remaining coy about the club’s pursuit of Norwich playmaker Wes Hoolahan.

Defour has been repeatedly linked with Villa by his agent this month, but Lambert insists he will not be making a move for Porto’s Belgian international midfielder.

“No, there’s nothing in that. I’ve not seen that one,” said Lambert.

It is a similar state of play with Kiyotake, who Villa enquired about last summer before deciding against pursuing the Japanese international.

“Who? At Nuremberg?” said Lambert. “It was a lad I tried to get in the summer, but things have moved on from that. Nuremberg are fighting to stay in the Bundesliga. Good player.”

It's the draw of London, isn't it?

If he is considering a move to Fulham, he'll probably be thinking if he does well there for the rest of the season, has a decent World Cup, then maybe he'll get a big money move to another London club next season (probably QPR who will pay him silly money).

Seriously, what makes people think he's any good?? Porto and their fans don't rate him at all, his agents is working his bollocks off trying to get him a Premier League move but all he has seemed to manage is a potential switch to Fulham.

This guy doesn't seem to be all that. At all. I can't base that on having watched him play, more on the palpable lack of interest from the PL and the absolute desperation of his agent.

• Like 1

Seriously, what makes people think he's any good?? Porto and their fans don't rate him at all, his agents is working his bollocks off trying to get him a Premier League move but all he has seemed to manage is a potential switch to Fulham.

This guy doesn't seem to be all that. At all. I can't base that on having watched him play, more on the palpable lack of interest from the PL and the absolute desperation of his agent.

this is my opinion on it. Only Anderlecht and if he goes then Fulham seemed to have any interest. His agent thought Napoli or Spurs would want him  :D

this is my opinion on it. Only Anderlecht and if he goes then Fulham seemed to have any interest. His agent thought Napoli or Spurs would want him  :D

Agreed.

Perhaps Richard's optimism equates to us signing a more high profile player?

Not good enough for this club.

But the current midfield are? He would be a huge improvement on what we have. Ah well.. we aint getting him. I hope we are after a quality midfielder.

Edited by KSV

Â