Steven Defour

Avflife

Kristof Terreur @HLNinEngeland 22m

Steven Defour's agent: "Maybe Aston Villa's interest might become concrete, but Anderlecht really want him." #avfc (source: dhnet.be)

He wont go to Anderlecht. Not sure if we are in for him for real or not.. but i am suprised there arent more. Not many other clubs getting linked or mentioned by the agent.

• Like 1

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 22m

Steven Defour's agent: "Maybe Aston Villa's interest might become concrete, but Anderlecht really want him." #avfc (source: dhnet.be)

We have heard this Defour.

I don't want him. Obviously looking for a big wage. Is he prepared to work his xxx off, why doesn't he come out and say something like, " I would love to play in the premier league one day, but right now I have to work hard and win games here in Porto." Instead of all this agent rubbish.

I don't want him. Obviously looking for a big wage. Is he prepared to work his xxx off, why doesn't he come out and say something like, " I would love to play in the premier league one day, but right now I have to work hard and win games here in Porto." Instead of all this agent rubbish.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

We have now resorted to dodgy translations from even dodgier foreign media sources to keep this (none) transfer window going for us. Says it all really.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Transfer news: Steven Defour wants Porto exit

steven-defour-belgium-fc-porto_3059681.j

Steven Defour is to tell Porto he wants to leave, with Anderlecht favourites to claim the midfielder's signature.

Defour's agent Paul Stefani has told the Belgian media that the 25-year-old is anxious to move and secure regular first-team football - given he has started just six games so far this season.

Aston Villa are known to be keen, and Stefani says they may yet launch a bid - but he predicts a move to Anderlecht is more likely.

"He will tell Porto he wants to leave the club. Porto don't want to sell him and consider him as a player for the future, but with the upcoming World Cup, Steven has to play more games," Stefani is quoted by La Deniere Heure.

"There's a chance he may join Anderlecht. Their general manager, Herman Van Holsbeeck, has always said he would like to sign Steven. Even when he was a player of Standard Liege."

While Anderlecht are favourites, Stefani admits they would consider a Premier League deal.

"To say Anderlecht is not Steven's first choice is wrong. We get a lot of phone calls from agents who promise they can bring Steven to the Premier League," he said.

"For example, an agent telling us Tottenham is interested. So, it's logical we'll wait a little longer to make a decision when we hear Tottenham. But I haven't heard anything of them yet.

"Aston Villa's interest may become imminent, but the interest of Anderlecht is the most concrete since the beginning. They have always said they really want Steven.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9116725/?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

"For example, an agent telling us Tottenham is interested. So, it's logical we'll wait a little longer to make a decision when we hear Tottenham. But I haven't heard anything of them yet.

What's the bet Tottenham have never heard of this agent.

I recon this is just a chancer who rings Defour's agent and tells them Spurs are interested, then turns around and rings Tottenham and tells them he can line up Defour who would love to come, then he takes a finders fee if he lines the two groups up and something actually comes of it.

Probably the same sort of thing that happens when we are linked with random players.

• Like 2

His agent is clearly trying to get him a move to the Prem.

Anderlecht is their back up option if they can't get that move, but being as they are seemingly pushing for a move to England I don't know why we don't try to sign him.

Why wouldn't he go Anderlecht?

Can't see this happening unless it's a loan deal.

Erm...lets see. Go to Anderlecht under the nose of the national team coach before the world cup and then play champions league football next year.....or come go to Villa Park and get booed by my own fans every other week... decisions decisions

The only way he would chose us over them is if we offered him a decent amount of wedge. Can you imagine how that would go? Lambert would ask for £60k per week for a mid 20s player who once showed promise and has gone off the boil. Lerner would say "haven't we just sold one of those to Stoke because he wasn't value for money??"

he will come to VP.. play week in week out as the manager will be watching Benteke. He will believe he can succeed to move to a bigger Premier League club the year after in the CL. Villa > Anderlecht ;)

lol give it a break. Most coaches would say you should go to PL because the challenge is the best there is. Literally going backwards if he goes to anderlecht, a team that has no chance in champions league. Pretty sure the head coach of Belgium would say the same.

Â