Steven Defour

Avflife

I like the idea of young, hungry players that improves at our club. But the problem is that young upcoming players need exprienced players to help them improve. Players that have been around and know a trick or

two. Experienced quality players that don't shit themselves playing at home in front of 40.000 demanding homesupporters.

We don't need more talented prospects (we have plenty). We need to mix it up a bit. And it's a shame that Lerner doesn't see that and protects his investment better.

You can't compare Aston Villa FC with Norwich, Swansea, Southampton (after their time in lower Leagues) etc theire fans are just happy "to be invited to the party), therefore the preassure to stay competitive at lest top 10 battling for a place in one of the European cups is much higher.

That's why I get disappointed every time we are linked with someone like Defour and turns out to be just a rumour...

Spewing. Cant say in surprised. Our owner doesn't give a shit

Because everyone knows that what every owner should do is purchase any player that is ever linked to that club - no matter how tedious the link may be, right?!

Absolutely. If media says we're looking at a good player we must sign him. If not, Randy's a tight arse who doesn't care about Villa. Nevermind that we might never have been interested in any of them, sign them we have to.

• Like 2

Its not about not getting defour. Its just another good player were not in for due to wages or fees. We will sign another syllable and Dawkins to 'lift' the club. But hey some of you are happy we have turned into relegation battlers with a Wigan like budget...

And you know for a fact that this is the reason? You know for a fact that we were ever in for him?

I like the idea of young, hungry players that improves at our club. But the problem is that young upcoming players need exprienced players to help them improve. Players that have been around and know a trick or

two. Experienced quality players that don't shit themselves playing at home in front of 40.000 demanding homesupporters.

We don't need more talented prospects (we have plenty). We need to mix it up a bit. And it's a shame that Lerner doesn't see that and protects his investment better.

You can't compare Aston Villa FC with Norwich, Swansea, Southampton (after their time in lower Leagues) etc theire fans are just happy "to be invited to the party), therefore the preassure to stay competitive at lest top 10 battling for a place in one of the European cups is much higher.

That's why I get disappointed every time we are linked with someone like Defour and turns out to be just a rumour...

Here's a little advice: Don't believe in everything you read and build your hopes on it. It happens that newspapers and other medias just make things up. I know, sounds terrifying, doesn't it?

Sarcastic warriors are out defending our owner who has put us in a financial hole and turned us to relegation contenders.

Personally hope he sells up to someone unwilling to put any of their own money into the club.

The belief from people that it's some God-given right to have tens of millions spent on transfers each and every window is pretty sickening.  I suppose football has been heading this way for years, though.

• Like 1

Its not about not getting defour. Its just another good player were not in for due to wages or fees. We will sign another syllable and Dawkins to 'lift' the club. But hey some of you are happy we have turned into relegation battlers with a Wigan like budget...

And you know for a fact that this is the reason? You know for a fact that we were ever in for him?

Read the first line again. We dont sign quality anymore.

Weve had record losses. Worst home records. I'm just disappointed we don't sign these proven quality players anymore. Defour or any other player.

Edited by KSV

Sarcastic warriors are out defending our owner who has put us in a financial hole and turned us to relegation contenders.

Personally hope he sells up to someone unwilling to put any of their own money into the club.

The belief from people that it's some God-given right to have tens of millions spent on transfers each and every window is pretty sickening.  I suppose football has been heading this way for years, though.

People accepting mediocrity at this club is the problem.

Yea thats the reason, lets go with that.

Defour is DCM like Ramsey in double pivot, well seemingly with whoscored for several matches. I always thought he was a DCM and his complete lack of through balls suggest such. Never a number 10 lol

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/776572/Live/Europe-UEFA-Champions-League-2013-2014-FC-Porto-Austria-Wien

This is what I thought, and one of many reasons why I doubt we were ever interested in the first place.

Wasnt talking to you but do carry on, amusing.

Look at the times of our posts. It was you who assumed not me.

Read the first line again. We dont sign quality anymore.

Weve had record losses. Worst home records. I'm just disappointed we don't sign these proven quality players anymore. Defour or any other player.

Ok, sorry I misread your post a little. But you still say you believe that the reason we won't get Defour is because we won't pay his wages. And I think that's just not true. I'm very doubtfull that Porto pay him more than we can afford if we really wanted him. And besides, Lerner has given more than a few players high wages. Wages they didn't dseserve. That's probably the biggest reason we are where we are right now.

That's right. I agree. He got burnt. He doesn't want to put any more money in. Doesn't come to home games anymore. Shows zero interest in the club. Just sell the club then Randy. Just my opinion of him boiling over in the wrong thread. I'm drunk and its 3am. Never helps. Frustrated. Sorry all.

• Like 1

That's right. I agree. He got burnt. He doesn't want to put any more money in. Doesn't come to home games anymore. Shows zero interest in the club. Just sell the club then Randy. Just my opinion of him boiling over in the wrong thread. I'm drunk and its 3am. Never helps. Frustrated. Sorry all.

According to the other HH someone gave Randy a bit of an earful at the home game vs Wigan, he didn't like it and has returned since.

Here's a little advice: Don't believe in everything you read and build your hopes on it. It happens that newspapers and other medias just make things up. I know, sounds terrifying, doesn't it?

Pelle on the contrary I am very sceptic to what papers says especially during silly season(stupid thing to say) as you can see I am describing what I think a lot of supporters feel. We need to sign well experienced players aswell as young prospects that I believe we need that to get the young a chance to develop without having to take all the heat and preassure it's not about Defour it's about us not signing anything with experience AND quality. someone who would walk straight in almost ever y PL team.

And its has nothing to do with me believing what the press fabricates. Its just happens to be in a thread were we are linked (again) with a player that I think would do very well for us. So please don't patronise like I am some kind of 12 year old school boy, idiot!

Edited by Eric

:lol: Well, no problem. :) It's easy to get emotional and frustrated when it comes to Villa. Especially when you're on a few beers. :) I hope that the new money either means most of the debts cleared so we can "go again" or that he's about to sell to someone who can give it another go.

According to the other HH someone gave Randy a bit of an earful at the home game vs Wigan, he didn't like it and has returned since.

Probably deserved much harsher words than was said that day, if he hasnt come back because of it then it tells you a bit about him really.

Media link club will player.

Media say club don’t want player.

Villa fans kick off at club.

pretty much

Can't wait for the "We can't even beat Huddersfield to a signing!" posts when we don't sign Nakhi Wells

They'd be nearly as bad as the "Wells would be a great signing" posts. Like with Dale Stevens, some are more than happy with the possibility of signing shit just to show that faith in the manager.

Pelle on the contrary I am very sceptic to what papers says especially during silly season(stupid thing to say) as you can see I am describing what I think a lot of supporters feel. We need to sign well experienced players aswell as young prospects that I believe we need that to get the young a chance to develop without having to take all the heat and preassure it's not about Defour it's about us not signing anything with experience AND quality. someone who would walk straight in almost ever y PL team.

And its has nothing to do with me believing what the press fabricates. Its just happens to be in a thread were we are linked (again) with a player that I think would do very well for us. So please don't patronise like I am some kind of 12 year old school boy, idiot!

well, why do you get disappointed and frustrated then, when you don't believe it anyway? Sounds a bit contradicting to me. If I read a story I don't believe in in the first place I don't get upset when I realise that it in fact wasn't true.

This is an non-story IMO.

I'd be more upset if we'd had a bid accepted but couldn't convince him to come (either through our ambition or financial package) - that would be frustrating but this isn't the case!

An agent put our name in the frame, not the club, not even the 'ITKs'. I think I posted earlier in this thread it was merely an agent touting his player around and using our name to generate interest. Also expected the ridiculous backlash against the club for not signing a player we didn't want in the first place.....

• Like 1

The club really can't win. VT's threads are full of abuse for handing out transfer fees and contracts for the likes of Ireland, Given, N'Zogbia, Hutton etc etc... because of how badly it's hamstrung the club financially.

When the club are now showing restraint in making these signings, as looks to me to be the case here, they're getting hammered for not spending. 

I reckon Defour is expensive (in both fees and salary), and the decision has been made that they can get better value. If that's the case it has to be respected in my book.

• Like 1

Â