Steven Defour

Avflife

Lambo-“There are a few No.10s I looked at, as I call them, and some we just can’t do". It seems as was suspected that money is yet again too tight to mention in a January window at Villa Park... 

Edited by John

Great no Defour no Kiyotake no real midfield reinforcement.

Wes Hoolan will be our frikking saviour

Must be too much to ask to have a midfielder with a bit of quality!

At least we have Grant "spring chicken" Holt to bang in the goals.

After all we were in desperate need of another striker!

I bet most people on here have never seen him play yet are dissapointed we're not signing him. How does that one work then?

Time to close the thread.

FIFA / Football Manager.

Foreign name.

As suspected his various agents using us to promote a move.

Has a player ever actually moved when their agent has been very vocal during a window?

I bet most people on here have never seen him play yet are dissapointed we're not signing him. How does that one work then?

Time to close the thread.

Yup, and the same with this legendary Kiyotake. I doubt many have seen him enough to form a valuable opinion, but it doesn't stop him from being a wanted player. If we want a Japanese player, I would think Ryo Miyaichi is a better alternative on loan. He has some skill, vision and pace that would suit us. Some confidence on the ball, badly needed at Villa Park. 

No interest in the player according to Lambert

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-paul-6521045

Edit: Linked on previous page already.

Anyway, this hardly comes as a surprise, I think we all knew Defour wouldn't be arriving.

Edited by Shillzz

Looks like third-party ownership has **** up this deal, remember Porto only own 56% of Defour (a leg, arm and one eye) so we/or anyone would have to pay whoever his third party ownership is a fee on top of that. Deal would most likely cost around 10m+ and those days of spending are long gone.

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland

Porto have told Steven #Defour they don't want to loan him out. They want at least £6m. #AVFC won't pay that fee and have other options.

So porto want 6 mill for him even though they originally paid 5 mill and he's not even playing first team football on a regular basis?

Right... I guess your price goes up when you sit on the bench

Edited by AshVilla

Â