Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Their FA Cup run cost Wigan their place in the division so you can understand why teams who are under possible relegation threat will be apprehensive in their attitude towards it.

Didn't the league cup also cost our neighbours the same?

Cups are a joke and for non-prem teams and their fans who dream

Just more acceptance that we are in another relegation battle. While I accepted this around September, doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. Unless something dramatically changes, we will eventually get relegated the way we are going. Whether it be this season or next or the one after that and so on.

No - equal on points for tenth place is not "in a relegation battle".  That doesn't mean that we couldn't get drawn into a relegation battle at some stage, but at the moment we are not

• Like 2

I think Paul Lambert is talking a lot of sense. Yeah, it would be nice to get a cup run, but at the expense of the Premier League, no thank you.

My neighbours are either doncaster rovers, Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds fans - and they are all thoroughly depressed with their teams plight in the lower leagues. At least I still have bragging rights of being in the premiership. Please don't take that way from me Lambert.

But there's always two sides of any story. There was a discussion in the WBA thread about how some of their fans enjoyed time away from the PL because they actually won games and, at the of the season, had something to celebrate.

I'm getting sick of having no hope; not of just winning the league, but of finishing as low as sixth. We play in the PL but we're a nothing club. We're aiming for zero. I'd not be over fussed if we did go down for a while. I'm not there to see the best players in the country, because I don't go to watch the opposition. I go to watch the Villa & I'd like to know what's it like to win games and taste glory again.

We could end up hanging around the lower leagues for too long, sure, but at the moment we're just making up the numbers.

I know this opinion is hugely disagreeable, but I'm

almost sick to death of going through the motions every season.

Understandable. I'd temper it though by adding " at the moment" to a lot of your points....

We're aiming for (winning) zero... at the moment.

etc.

Now, that may seem horrible, seeing as with MON and Lerner came the promise (and almost the realisation) of breaking into the top 4. I personally remember us pushing for the title very seriously under GT the first time around with Platt, Daley, Sid, Olney etc. (mostly young and hungry btw ;) ) Our current position is nowhere near as exciting.

However, That title push came after we'd been relegated, that would be a disaster now but all the suffering last season and this at least seems to have a forward looking long term plan behind it. Something the ginger one didn't have and Houllier was perhaps too old to want to do a similar job regardless of his health worries.

Anyway, I suppose what I am saying is, that whilst it's crap at the moment compared to what some of us have seen in the past, and all have us have wished for under the MON days, I think it's a necessary step. Without spending like Man City (impossible for us under the Fair play rules even if Randy suddenly fancied spunking his entire fortune on building us a team) then it's also the only way it's going to happen.

(impossible for us under the Fair play rules even if Randy suddenly fancied spunking his entire fortune on building us a team) then it's also the only way it's going to happen.

Just a shame that our owner is running us so badly that more bottom half finishes will continue to see more and more teams pick up more prize money than us and make it harder for us to be competitive in the league.

(impossible for us under the Fair play rules even if Randy suddenly fancied spunking his entire fortune on building us a team) then it's also the only way it's going to happen.

Just a shame that our owner is running us so badly that more bottom half finishes will continue to see more and more teams pick up more prize money than us and make it harder for us to be competitive in the league.

Probs should be in teh Lerner thread if you're concentrating just on that but yeah, the finish under the ginger one and last year is a dramatic downturn from the kind of prize money you get for being top 10. That's probably a big part of the reason Lambert has gone for the direct counter attacking tactics to maximise the points return from the playing staff we have at the moment.

Just more acceptance that we are in another relegation battle. While I accepted this around September, doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. Unless something dramatically changes, we will eventually get relegated the way we are going. Whether it be this season or next or the one after that and so on.

No - equal on points for tenth place is not "in a relegation battle". That doesn't mean that we couldn't get drawn into a relegation battle at some stage, but at the moment we are not

Fair enough that is your opinion. I think we very much are regardless of league placing. Constantly looking back towards the bottom three. We were three points away from it after the Palace game.

No - equal on points for tenth place is not "in a relegation battle".  That doesn't mean that we couldn't get drawn into a relegation battle at some stage, but at the moment we are not

Sorry VillaCas I'm normally more in agreement with you than a lot of other posters on here but I can't agree with that.

Everyone below Southampton currently is in a relegation battle. I know it seems ridiculous to say you can be 10th or equal 10th and fighting relegation but it is so close down there (and has been for a few years) that about half the league faces the very real prospect of relegation most years.

We may well get out early and we all really really hope we do!

Looks like the sh#ts hit the fan with HH-All his posts have been deleted.

Was only a matter of time before the club or the press cottoned on.

Doubt he'll be back

It was a ridiculous level of insight to be fair. The club were stopping the press reporting Kozak for sometime yesterday so are obviously pissed it got out elsewhere.

Grateful that HH shared his info and knowledge. Will be sad if he is no longer able to post but understand why. I feel more educated on Lamberts plans and what he has been doing now and feel more optimistic for the future.

• Like 2

Not at all surprised as I could not believe that level of information was leaking out unless it had official sanction. I also would not be surprised of this did not result in disciplinary action by the club and possibly the sack as it seems clear now that there was no official sanction.

Just remember the club fired their historian (can't remember his name) over what he said on a forum and it ended up in a messy case which the club lost and is now bizarrely a case quoted in applying a 'social media policy'. My guess would be they are shit hot on it now with a much more comprehensive policy.

Not at all surprised as I could not believe that level of information was leaking out unless it had official sanction. I also would not be surprised of this did not result in disciplinary action by the club and possibly the sack as it seems clear now that there was no official sanction.

Just remember the club fired their historian (can't remember his name) over what he said on a forum and it ended up in a messy case which the club lost and is now bizarrely a case quoted in applying a 'social media policy'. My guess would be they are shit hot on it now with a much more comprehensive policy.

Rather unsurprisingly the courts found AVFC at fault for that sorry affair. Villa fans rounding on others and one losing his job, not a worse sight have I seen on a forum that. Anyway, shame HH has gone but it couldn't last forever.

Rather unsurprisingly the courts found AVFC at fault for that sorry affair. Villa fans rounding on others and one losing his job, not a worse sight have I seen on a forum that. Anyway, shame HH has gone but it couldn't last forever.

Explain this historian business to me?

Must say I always felt uncomfortable that someone so obviously close to the manager was posting on here. This is a forum for fans to express their views, not really for the manager to try to influence how we think about him.

Also I was disliking the HH "cult" that grew up - like he was the oracle at Delphi or something ("HH please tell us oh wise one, what does the future hold?...")

But that's just IMO of course.

(BTW, yes, my avatar has 4 more days to save himself - not looking too good at present!)

• Like 1