Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Wigan or Blues didn't lose their premier league status because of 'cup runs'

They lost it because over the course of a full season neither were good enough to stay up

Villa should be **** ashamed of Lambert's bullshit, it might explain going out of both cups to minnows last season too mind. The **** clown

Not at all surprised as I could not believe that level of information was leaking out unless it had official sanction. I also would not be surprised of this did not result in disciplinary action by the club and possibly the sack as it seems clear now that there was no official sanction.

Just remember the club fired their historian (can't remember his name) over what he said on a forum and it ended up in a messy case which the club lost and is now bizarrely a case quoted in applying a 'social media policy'. My guess would be they are shit hot on it now with a much more comprehensive policy.

Didn't know that bit about the dismissal of the historian (was he more an archivist in fact?) becoming a case study on academic courses. At least we've achieved something over the past 5 years!

They lost it because over the course of a full season neither were good enough to stay up

Villa should be **** ashamed of Lambert's bullshit, it might explain going out of both cups to minnows last season too mind. The **** clown

Lambert's bullshit? Have you even read the article or listened to the interview? Unsurprising kneejerk.

• Like 2

Lambert's bullshit? Have you even read the article or listened to the interview? Unsurprising kneejerk.

Yes I have, and i still think he's a tool. And if we field a purposefully weak side tomorrow (and i'm not talking about Vlaar who's carrying a knock obviously) then i'd fire his useless arse

• Like 1

Yes I have, and i still think he's a tool. And if we field a purposefully weak side tomorrow (and i'm not talking about Vlaar who's carrying a knock obviously) then i'd fire his useless arse

So if we do what every other premier league team will do and play the kids/reserves, you think Lambert should get sacked?

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

That's a little bit narrow minded no? Is it not possible that the extra fixtures, particularly in Wigan's case (Blues cup run was over early enough) may have added to the fatigue of an already stretched small squad? I remember Neville talking about how no matter what the players may say, playing at Wembley, the occasion itself, is a draining experience. That Wigan went on to be smashed in their next league game is relevant to the debate.

It's an extra what, 6 games? That's without replays. I don't buy the argument that that doesn't have an adverse effect on performance, especially when the players involved are so plumb average to begin with. Every little counts.

I'm sad about it, but he has a point. Even if you don't agree there is merit in his comments.

• Like 1

Personally, I couldn't care less whether Lambert takes the cup seriously/prioritises the league/whatever. That's his prerogative. If he plays a full team or the reserves tomorrow that's up to him. What I do not want to see is a piss poor performance at home against a league one team. We should be winning a game like this, and resting players is no excuse for a loss.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

Yea i've been listening to radio 1 all day at work and they've been finishing newsbeat with a sports section saying Lambert thinks most clubs could do without the FA cup, as staying in the league is important

Radio 1 then later in the day goes and extracts responses from Tim Sherwood (Spurs) and José who are saying we take the FA cup seriously etc... No.1 they're not playing minnows. and No.2 they're two clubs that have absolutely no concerns about whether they're going to be staying in the premier league this season.

**** stupid radio 1.. 

• Like 1

FA Cup matches aren't EXTRA games (apart from any potential replays) they are part of the football calendar not added in midweek causing fixture congestion. It's a truly dire excuse when you can't play say 6 maximum extra matches on top of the 38 in the league when you have the same size squad as every other side in the league (25 plus kids)

What's the point in bothering entering anything ? There's no point trying to get back into Europe obviously. Who'd want the burden of those ENDLESS extra matches ?. Not Lambert that's for sure.

To sum up, if what we've witnessed thus far is him only concentrating on the league ... then god help us. Prepared my arse.

FA Cup matches aren't EXTRA games (apart from any potential replays) they are part of the football calendar not added in midweek causing fixture congestion. It's a truly dire excuse when you can't play say 6 maximum extra matches on top of the 38 in the league when you have the same size squad as every other side in the league (25 plus kids)

What's the point in bothering entering anything ? There's no point trying to get back into Europe obviously. Who'd want the burden of those ENDLESS extra matches ?. Not Lambert that's for sure.

To sum up, if what we've witnessed thus far is him only concentrating on the league ... then god help us. Prepared my arse.

Technically any round after the 3rd is extra for us.

Not that I'm advocating us throwing the cup, but an extra 6 games can definitely play a part in affecting the season.

I have to admit, the cup has lost a lot of its magic for me.

The cup winners cup was always the easiest to win due to no other European country taking the cup as seriously as England. We've now followed suit.

We've since entered into an era where money is behind everything. A few years ago, the holders didn't even bother defending the trophy, instaed opting to go to South America to play in a more lucrative competition. Teams invariably field weaker sides in the earlier rounds & despite what some have said on here, a long cup run will catch up with you in the league as the season draws to a close.

Not at all surprised as I could not believe that level of information was leaking out unless it had official sanction. I also would not be surprised of this did not result in disciplinary action by the club and possibly the sack as it seems clear now that there was no official sanction.

Just remember the club fired their historian (can't remember his name) over what he said on a forum and it ended up in a messy case which the club lost and is now bizarrely a case quoted in applying a 'social media policy'. My guess would be they are shit hot on it now with a much more comprehensive policy.

Rather unsurprisingly the courts found AVFC at fault for that sorry affair. Villa fans rounding on others and one losing his job, not a worse sight have I seen on a forum that. Anyway, shame HH has gone but it couldn't last forever.
Explain this historian business to me?
see your messages mate
  • Like 1

Hairy Hands is this you after being found out!?!?

If HH is a proven ITK I apoligise.

However, I have a right to be cynical. What prove is there that he is a proven in the know?!

Im calling bullshit. Hope im proven wrong...I wont be.

This confirms what ive always believed....hairy hands is a legitimate ITK.

Keep it up HH ignore the doubters.

Brilliant. :D

Haha great find

• Like 1