The R word

villanwesty88

Sunderland are 2 up on Cardiff, makes things even worse for us as it pulls them closer to us, Randy Lerner should hang his head in shame at what he's done here, LERNER OUT....

what about lambert? Does he get a free pass then, because when i last checked he was the manager. Sure lerner is a knob for cutting back, however lambert has had enough quality to at least keep us out this situation.

No Lambert doesn't get a free pass but he is working with a budget that is awful, with an awful budget comes awful players, the owner is trying to survive in a champagne league with lemonade players and in my eyes that for me makes him public enemy number one.

• Like 1

I'm being honest

You are not. You are catastrophising about future events, I alternatively believe that we will get something against Hull that should secure our safety.  

The table doesn't lie, we do deserve to be where we are like he said. There's no doubt about that. 

True. But the next game is up for grabs, we are equally capable of winning or drawing that game. I hate the defeatist attitude when we have three games left, I think people are worrying too much at this stage. 

I'm being honest

You are not. You are catastrophising about future events, I alternatively believe that we will get something against Hull that should secure our safety.  

The table doesn't lie, we do deserve to be where we are like he said. There's no doubt about that. 

True. But the next game is up for grabs, we are equally capable of winning or drawing that game. I hate the defeatist attitude when we have three games left, I think people are worrying too much at this stage. 

Here's the thing.

I think Cardiff are gone

I think Norwich are gone

Last place is between us, Fulham and Sunderland.

Sunderland are playing with a lot of confidence at the minute

Fulham are scoring goals but are also conceding goals.

We're not scoring goals but conceding loads.

How many 4-1 defeats we had lately?

If we lose on Saturday then we're in huge trouble.

as a club itself probably deserves relegation, only those in denial will not agree.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

We deserve relegation if we finish in the bottom 3. After 38 games, why should a team finishing 17th deserve relegation more than a team finishing 18th to 20th?

Because the club is a bloody shambles.

I hate the defeatist attitude when we have three games left

When is a "defeatest attitude" any more justified then when we are constantly and comprehensively being defeated?

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

Just to recap people think Cardiff are effortlessly going to win their last two after today?!

I think its Fulham most people are worried about. Rightly IMO

Yes, based on the fixtures Fulham are the team I'm most worried about.

They have a decent chance of getting a win at Stoke and then we could be relying on Fulham failing to beat Palace in the last game.

Desperate times. The Hull game is huge for us.

Am I right in saying that we could still lose to Hull and come out of that weekends round of games with guaranteed safety?

If Norwich and Fulham both lose then we're safe I think

Or Norwich loss and Fulham draw.

Edited by PieFacE

as a club itself probably deserves relegation, only those in denial will not agree.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

We deserve relegation if we finish in the bottom 3. After 38 games, why should a team finishing 17th deserve relegation more than a team finishing 18th to 20th?

Because the club is a bloody shambles.

And teams that finish 18th to 20th aren't in a shambles?

Sunderland

03/05 Manchester United - Sunderland

07/05 Sunderland - West Brom

11/05 Sunderland - Swansea

Cardiff

03/05 Newcastle - Cardiff

11/05 Cardiff - Chelsea

Fulham

03/05 Stoke - Fulham

11/05 Fulham - Crystal Palace

Norwich

04/05 Chelsea  - Norwich

11/05 Norwich - Arsenal

Aston Villa

03/05 Aston Villa - Hull

07/05 Manchester City - Aston Villa

11/05 Tottenham - Aston Villa

16  Aston Villa   35  9  8  18  36  53  -17  35
17  Sunderland    35  8  8  19  37  57  -20  32
18  Norwich City  36  8  8  20  28  60  -32  32
19  Fulham        36  9  4  23  37  79  -42  31
20  Cardiff City  36  7  9  20  31  69  -38  30
Even if we get no points the rest of the season I think we'll be on points with Fulham, but have better goal difference. Edited by tarjei

I'm being honest

Exactly, the table doesn't lie and there are 4 teams in this league worse than we are.

Not for long. By the end of the season there will be no more than 3.

Sunderland are 2 up on Cardiff, makes things even worse for us as it pulls them closer to us, Randy Lerner should hang his head in shame at what he's done here, LERNER OUT....

what about lambert? Does he get a free pass then, because when i last checked he was the manager. Sure lerner is a knob for cutting back, however lambert has had enough quality to at least keep us out this situation.
No Lambert doesn't get a free pass but he is working with a budget that is awful, with an awful budget comes awful players, the owner is trying to survive in a champagne league with lemonade players and in my eyes that for me makes him public enemy number one.
i can appreciate that lambert hasn't had massive funds however he did get an additional 20mil in the summer to improve on last year- we've gone backwards instead. The manager is more responsible for our current league standing than the owner, imo.