The R word

villanwesty88

The McLeish comparison is slightly unfair. He had a much, much better squad of players at hand.

Much better squad of players. Well Lambert is even worst than I thought then. He dropped these better players in the bomb squad still paying there salaries and bought dross!!

To go down, we need Fulham (who are even worse than us) to win their last two games AND us to not pick up at least two points AND Sunderland to pick up at least three points more than we do.

It's not a certainty, but we're 90% safe.

Just a reminder: we sacked McLeish for getting less than 40 points. We currently have 35, with 3 games to go.

I know, it's amazing isn't it. People still supporting Lambert and his mystical project even though he is performing worse than McLeish. Double standards or what?

Double standard is a bit much.

If you're just looking at results, it's a double standard. Most of us also consider things like wage bill, general style of play, respect for the fans, etc.

To go down, we need Fulham (who are even worse than us) to win their last two games AND us to not pick up at least two points AND Sunderland to pick up at least three points more than we do.

Just a reminder: we sacked McLeish for getting less than 40 points. We currently have 35, with 3 games to go.

I know, it's amazing isn't it. People still supporting Lambert and his mystical project even though he is performing worse than McLeish. Double standards or what?

If you're just looking at results, it's a double standard. Most of us also consider things like wage bill, general style of play, respect for the fans, etc.

McLeish had no control over the wage bill. The wage bill was what the wage bill was (and Lambert still has some high earners on the books he just chose not to play them).

The general style of play is crap now just like it was under McLeish so no change there.

I fail to see how Lambert respects the fans more than McLeish did. Indeed if he had a lot of respect for us he would not be subjecting us to a pile of sh*t every game.

Not sure what your point is really.

Stoke rarely lose at home...I know they did yesterday but that was to a far better Spurs team and they did play half the game with 10 men. Could've nicked a draw at the end with an Araunovotic chance aswell.

It's the type of game Stoke will win 1-0, think Fulham will do well to even get a point next week.

Although they've now lost Shawcross to suspension

No disrespect, but don't busy yourself with things that should'nt concern you or me....the wage bill is not our problem.

What other bunch of supporters in debate would be quoting wage bills.

We are fans we just want acceptable football and results.....how they get it is clearly their problem, it's clearly their responsibility when they want to keep their cards closely to their chests and tell us nothing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

No disrespect, but don't busy yourself with things that should'nt concern you or me....the wage bill is not our problem.

What other bunch of supporters in debate would be quoting wage bills.

I understand your point but completely disagree. The wage bill of course matters. Ask Leeds or Portsmouth fans.

Anyway, has anyone made the joke yet that are results are all 4-1 and 1-4 all?

The McLeish comparison is slightly unfair. He had a much, much better squad of players at hand.

You mean all of the players Lambert put in the reserves?

Yet, still managed to finish with more points in his first season without them. McLeish is far more limited than Lambert.

One thing I think we're  forgetting in the whole argument about teams around us coming up against teams with nothing to play for, is that if arsenal and spurs win at the weekend and everton lose, spurs will be guaranteed europa league football no matter what happens against us. They could well have nothing to play for themselves

We are in a VERY serious predicament. Hand on heart I don't think we are capable of winning or drawing against any team in this league, we are possibly the worst team, on a level with Cardiff.

I feel Fulham have a win in them but we don't.

• Like 1