The R word

villanwesty88

Am I right in saying that we could still lose to Hull and come out of that weekends round of games with guaranteed safety?

Well yes but we'd need 3 perfect results for that. 

Wouldn't need to be perfect results, Fulham could draw and they still couldn't finish above us unless they overturn a -25 goal difference before the end of the season.

Just to recap people think Cardiff are effortlessly going to win their last two after today?!

I think its Fulham most people are worried about. Rightly IMO

Agree, Sunderland have two very winnable home games (on their current form) against West Brom and Swansea. That said Fulham could get two wins at Stoke away and C palace at home. Norwich and Cardiff looked doomed.

Hate to say it but if we do not get at least a point against Hull (even that might not be enough) we could be very easily joining them.

It really is sickening how we have sunk so low!

Aside from Norwich, every team around us has been pulling off shock wins or draws.

Are people really confident that more FREAK goals and results couldn't send us down?

We might pull off a shock and beat Hull! 

Am I right in saying that we could still lose to Hull and come out of that weekends round of games with guaranteed safety?

If we get no more points:

Norwich need a draw and a win against Chelsea and Arsenal

Cardiff need to win both games against Newcastle and Chelsea

Fulham need a draw and a win against Stoke and Palace

Sunderland are the only ones not to require at least a point at the weekend in order to leapfrog us.

So if Norwich and Fulham lose and Cardiff only manage a draw, we are safe.

Edited by StanBalaban

I alternatively believe that we will get something against Hull that should secure our safety.  

And what exactly have you seen in the last 6 games, most against teams around us, to suggest we'll get a result against Hull?

I thought the overall performance was a lot better than the scoreline suggested against Swansea. And the point against Southampton gives me some encouragement. I do not expect us to steam roll Hull but we are equally capable of getting a result. 

Aside from Norwich, every team around us has been pulling off shock wins or draws.

Are people really confident that more FREAK goals and results couldn't send us down?

Your statement really sums up how pathetic we are.

"Aston Villa need SHOCK win against HULL to avoid relegation"

Well yes but we'd need 3 perfect results for that. 

Wouldn't need to be perfect results, Fulham could draw and they still couldn't finish above us unless they overturn a -25 goal difference before the end of the season.

Well by perfect i meant all 3 results going our way, basically if Fulham/Cardiff/Norwich fail to win on saturday then were safe. If Fulham win and we lose to Hull we are going into the last day absolutely shitting it.

I alternatively believe that we will get something against Hull that should secure our safety.  

And what exactly have you seen in the last 6 games, most against teams around us, to suggest we'll get a result against Hull?

I thought the overall performance was a lot better than the scoreline suggested against Swansea. And the point against Southampton gives me some encouragement. I do not expect us to steam roll Hull but we are equally capable of getting a result. 

I only caught snippets on MOTD - but thought we looked woeful, dispirited, low on confidence, error prone, - then wasn't much coming together when Gabby scored - despite the Hull game - I think we need to rely on other teams....

Sunderland are the only ones not to require at least a point at the weekend in order to leapfrog us.

I think that Fulham need to win both? They are 4 points behind us with a much worse goal difference

• Like 2

Just to recap people think Cardiff are effortlessly going to win their last two after today?!

I think its Fulham most people are worried about. Rightly IMO

Agree, Sunderland have two very winnable home games (on their current form) against West Brom and Swansea. That said Fulham could get two wins at Stoke away and C palace at home. Norwich and Cardiff looked doomed.

Hate to say it but if we do not get at least a point against Hull (even that might not be enough) we could be very easily joining them.

It really is sickening how we have sunk so low!

If we got a point against Hull, Fulham and Cardiff can't realistically catch us (barring a massive swing in GD).  That would leave Norwich requiring 2 wins against Arsenal and Chelsea. Could happen, but unlikely (I hope).

Your statement really sums up how pathetic we are.

"Aston Villa need SHOCK win against HULL to avoid relegation"

Exactly! We're going into a home game against Hull expecting not to win. What has happened?!  :(

• Like 1

I can see Norwich losing and Cardiff getting a draw against Newcastle, meaning they can't catch us, but Fulham could easily win both their games.

We need 1 point from our last 3 games.

If Fulham win both their games we need a win. Or 2 draws.

I can see Norwich losing and Cardiff getting a draw against Newcastle, meaning they can't catch us, but Fulham could easily win both their games.

If Fulham win both their games that takes them  to 37 points meaning we will need more than 1 point from our last 3 games.

Edited by markavfc40

That post makes zero sense as, if Fulham win both their games, we'd need to win at least one of ours. One point will not be enough.

I think that Fulham need to win both? They are 4 points behind us with a much worse goal difference

Beg your pardon, you're right.

I only caught snippets on MOTD - but thought we looked woeful, dispirited, low on confidence, error prone, - then wasn't much coming together when Gabby scored - despite the Hull game - I think we need to rely on other teams....

Add in poor officiating too. Judging a match on heavily edited MOTD footage is not advisable.