The R word

villanwesty88

I can see Norwich losing and Cardiff getting a draw against Newcastle, meaning they can't catch us, but Fulham could easily win both their games.

We need 1 point from our last 3 games.

If Fulham win both their games that takes them  to 37 points meaning we will need more than 1 point from our last 3 games.

That's a pretty big IF

I can see Norwich losing and Cardiff getting a draw against Newcastle, meaning they can't catch us, but Fulham could easily win both their games.

We need 1 point from our last 3 games.

That post makes zero sense as, if Fulham win both their games, we'd need to win at least one of ours. One point will not be enough.

You're right, for some reason I thought Fulham were on 30 not 31 points.

:blush:

What should worry us all is Fulham winning at Stoke and home to Palace. Should that happen even us getting a hard-earned point against Hull would not keep us up as we'd only get to 36 and they'd get to 37.

So the big question is - do you think we can BEAT Hull?

Edited by PeteWilson
  • Like 1

Aside from Norwich, every team around us has been pulling off shock wins or draws.

Are people really confident that more FREAK goals and results couldn't send us down?

We might pull off a shock and beat Hull!

Your statement really sums up how pathetic we are.

"Aston Villa need SHOCK win against HULL to avoid relegation"

Exactly! We're going into a home game against Hull expecting not to win. What has happened?!  :(

What happened was our home defeats against:

Fulham

Stoke

West Ham

Crystal Palace

What should worry us all is Fulham winning at Stoke and home to Palace. Should that happen even us getting a hard-earned point against Hull would not keep us up as we'd only get to 36 and they'd get to 37.

So the big question is - do you think we can BEAT Hull?

No :-(

Aside from Norwich, every team around us has been pulling off shock wins or draws.

Are people really confident that more FREAK goals and results couldn't send us down?

Exactly! We're going into a home game against Hull expecting not to win. What has happened?!  :(

Martin O'Neill happened.

Just to recap people think Cardiff are effortlessly going to win their last two after today?!

I think its Fulham most people are worried about. Rightly IMO

Agree, Sunderland have two very winnable home games (on their current form) against West Brom and Swansea. That said Fulham could get two wins at Stoke away and C palace at home. Norwich and Cardiff looked doomed.

Hate to say it but if we do not get at least a point against Hull (even that might not be enough) we could be very easily joining them.

It really is sickening how we have sunk so low!

If we got a point against Hull, Fulham and Cardiff can't realistically catch us (barring a massive swing in GD).  That would leave Norwich requiring 2 wins against Arsenal and Chelsea. Could happen, but unlikely (I hope).

Fulham are on 31 points, two wins would put them on 37. As I said a draw is not enough.

• Like 1

Martin O'Neill happened.

are you saying O'Neill began the decline?

All true that a draw is not enough, but we can follow the Fulham game - we just need to keep up with them

All the London Villa fans and anyone else available should go along to their home game v Palace and boost the away support! :-)

That said Palace fans are very loud!

Not only is Bruce a better manager than Lambert, and is more capable of getting his team to grind out a result, but he's also probably got lasting memories of us taunting him and his family. I'm sure he'd love to get one over us.

I reckon he'll ask for one last big performance in the league from his players after which they can take it easy before the FA cup.

I just can't see us getting anything from that game.

• Like 1

I think I read somewhere that Stoke never finished in the top half of the Premiership hopefully that's a little incentive for them. Although I believe we'll beat Hull anyway not that I'm confindent of it, just a feeling. Hopefully United get a good win against Sunderland to help with the goal difference.

our main problem is cardiff/ fulham/norwich  are in the zone,they are down & have nothing to loose which puts us in the brown. 

they will approach there game with a different attitude ,the pressure is plainly on us,this does not help as were have been no less than shocking at home.

i dont think we will get a single point from hull,city,spurs..

its to late i fear

our main problem is cardiff/ fulham/norwich  are in the zone,they are down & have nothing to loose which puts us in the brown. 

As this weekend alone has shown us, none of these sides are all that. Fulham had nothing to lose at home against a side who had nothing to gain and, despite a 2 goal lead, couldn't win. Norwich had a tough game, like the 2 they have to come, and got smashed to pieces. Cardiff played a side worse than the 2 they have remaining and lost. Now these 3 sides are suddenly going to win their remaining games?

our main problem is cardiff/ fulham/norwich are in the zone,they are down & have nothing to loose which puts us in the brown.

they will approach there game with a different attitude ,the pressure is plainly on us,this does not help as were have been no less than shocking at home.

i dont think we will get a single point from hull,city,spurs..

its to late i fear

No the pressure is very much on Fulham and they are clearly feeling it.

They were 2-0 up with 15min to go yesterday and they cracked.

• Like 1

For us to go down, either Cardiff need two wins, Fulham need two wins or Norwich need a win and a draw. All very unlikely to happen so we're should be safe. 

But we shouldn't need to be relying on that as this stage in the season.