What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Either Bison is the best meat ever or Teds Montana grill in Charlotte does an exceptional filet of it. Up there with the best piece of meat I've ever had

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wife got me some flying goose sauces for Christmas 

image.png.276f496ac0226975cf8468a0dec6aa0b.png

That's the one that I asked for which started it all, scotch flavour presented by RZA... It's nothing special, if you didn't know what it was then you wouldn't know what it was 

image.png.37fa1876c55e00e142faf4ee38f22d4a.png

This one is the opposite, loads of tikka flavour, its beautiful, if you like your hot sauces or even just Indian sauces then I can't recommend it enough 

image.png.ba36551c280e2122e4bc7b9a21bba9e0.png

Really disappointing, had tamarind duck a few times from my local Vietnamese and love it, this is my first tamarind table sauce and it's got barely any flavour 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mrs started ordering those gusto boxes at the start of January.

Got to say, I’m quite impressed as it takes the thought out of sourcing a meal each day a lot of quality, concoctions and recipes. No idea how it compares to actually sourcing the same at the supermarket price wise but seems a much easier way to go about things and healthier.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Colmans test kitchen have never eaten salt and pepper chicken in their lives, they've just banged a load of chilli and 5 spice in a packet, overloaded with star anise, one of my favourite take away dishes absolutely killed 

599995011_0_640x640.jpg

• Thanks 1

Boughtfour bags of these back from LA, wish I'd bought more now as three bags are for other people :(

They are **** addictive 😋

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 31/01/2024 at 18:51, Follyfoot said:

The Mrs started ordering those gusto boxes at the start of January.

Got to say, I’m quite impressed as it takes the thought out of sourcing a meal each day a lot of quality, concoctions and recipes. No idea how it compares to actually sourcing the same at the supermarket price wise but seems a much easier way to go about things and healthier.

I used to do a similar thing when I lived in Cardiff. Only for a few days a week and the thought was to wean us off of having takeaways when it was really just we couldn't be arsed with deciding what to have and make it. Having a few meals a week that are ready in 20-30mins and pretty easy to do meant we'd be eating before we'd have decided on where and what and phoned the order in. More expensive than bulk buying at a supermarket but cheaper than the curry house etc. and loads healthier. The other unintended upside was making a few dishes using techniques or recipes not in my repetoir so it was stealth learning stuff too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I used to do a similar thing when I lived in Cardiff. Only for a few days a week and the thought was to wean us off of having takeaways when it was really just we couldn't be arsed with deciding what to have and make it. Having a few meals a week that are ready in 20-30mins and pretty easy to do meant we'd be eating before we'd have decided on where and what and phoned the order in. More expensive than bulk buying at a supermarket but cheaper than the curry house etc. and loads healthier. The other unintended upside was making a few dishes using techniques or recipes not in my repetoir so it was stealth learning stuff too.

Each meal = one more recipe card to replicate in future if required, we have started using an old file a fax to store them. Some of the dishes are really top quality and very tasty 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Each meal = one more recipe card to replicate in future if required, we have started using an old file a fax to store them. Some of the dishes are really top quality and very tasty 

I did the same and my septuagenarian mum had them off us and tries them out when she fancies something different :thumb:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ocasionally the father in law drops bits of food off at ours. Stuff he doesn't really want but bought on a whim or something he's changed his mind about. He's quite faddy with his eating, what he fancied one week he might not fancy the next week, and so occasionally we end up with his 'gifts'.

This is how I ended up with something called Brooklea SKYR yoghurt in my fridge. A passion fruit flavoured one and a strawberry flavoured one. We tried them yesterday.

It had the consistency of foamy plastic and a taste which I could only try and describe as what I imagine every carcinogenic artificial sweetener mixed up together must taste like. Utter rancid shite. 2 spoons and in the bin. File under 'legally food'

On 05/02/2024 at 14:26, rjw63 said:

Boughtfour bags of these back from LA, wish I'd bought more now as three bags are for other people :(

They are **** addictive 😋

spacer.png

Ever tried these bad boys from costco:

Screenshot_20240315_112213_Amazon Shopping.jpg

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Ever tried these bad boys from costco:

Screenshot_20240315_112213_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Not yet, I'll get my lad on the case, he's still got a membership ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

A homemade Beef Rydberg/pyttipanna mix.

Thumbs up!!! Love that stuff.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Thumbs up!!! Love that stuff.

So basic but so good.

One of the things I miss most about living in Sweden. 

Really good pea and ham soup would be another. 

If I'm drunk I might crave one of the weird sausage and mash potato kebabs.

Lamb koftas, yogurt, pitta, couscous at Cafe Piano in Worcester. Really good food, and a spectacularly rare event, more food than I could finish.

If I had one tiny criticism, the piano was really loud.

Â