Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I really hope we don't go 4-3-3

Agree, it should be abandoned at home immediately.

If Luna is fit, I have an inkling we will go to three at the back for this one (sorry Kwan), especially after the horror-show at Fulham.

toure.gif

Though I'd probably favour the 3-5-2 ahead of the 4-3-3 at home at the minute, I would prefer neither and instead hope we can give 4-5-1 a go for a while.

We can play it as rigidly as we play 3-5-2 but without getting pushed as deep by virtue of having both full-backs and wingers.

Maybe lambert will go back to attempting to out score the opposition, as was his MO up until this season. Uniteds defense is very vulnerable because their central midfield is slow and static, and maybe an attacking line up could take advantage of that?

• Like 1

451 could be a good formation for us. If we're gona play that formation we are gona need pace on the wings so we can break and get into other half asap. Lowton and bacuna should be on pitch at same time as this would make us very strong down the right who play rb & rw I'm not sure

Guzan

Bacuna vlaar(baker) Clark Luna

Lowton kea Westwood Sylla Gabby

Benteke

451 could be a good formation for us. If we're gona play that formation we are gona need pace on the wings so we can break and get into other half asap. Lowton and bacuna should be on pitch at same time as this would make us very strong down the right who play rb & rw I'm not sure

Guzan

Benteke

Don't think Bacuna merits a place in the team from the start on current form. He's gone to pieces since that error at Albion unfortunately. I'd play Lowton at RB but no idea who is the best option to play on the right in midfield or part of the front 3. Albrighton and Tonev should be considered ahead of Weimann imo.

Guzan

Benteke

Don't think Bacuna merits a place in the team from the start on current form. He's gone to pieces since that error at Albion unfortunately. I'd play Lowton at RB but no idea who is the best option to play on the right in midfield or part of the front 3. Albrighton and Tonev should be considered ahead of Weimann imo.

I was thinking bacuna might be the best option of the lack of options. Albrighton would be my next choice as he is willing to work and put in crosses

Gabby, Weimann and Benteke doesn't work up front. We seem to be disorganised that way, because Weimann isn't a natural winger.

--------------Guzan--------------

Lowton------Vlaar---Baker---Luna

-------Sylla--Westwood--KEA(Delph if not suspended)

Albrighton----------------------Gabby

--------------Benteke------------------------

Neither is Gabby and lately neither of them have been occupying wide positions which is really hurting us. When we break the only obvious ball is long to Benteke because we don’t have options breaking on the wings.

Ideally Lambert will point this out and tell them to take up the wide positions and track the full backs. Alternatively Albrighton should be given a chance.

Just curious why would you drop Clark?

If we go for Baker or Clark is the same in my opinion. Rate them on the same level tbh

How Bacuna gets a start ahead of Lowton is beyond me, disciplinary rumour notwithstanding. I hope Lambert is not cutting his nose off to spite his face

No I wouldn't have Bacuna in the side against United. He did well for a while at rb but has been terrible lately and the one time he played in midfield he was poor. 

I'll be glad when this game is over

Yep, can't wait to celebrate the 3-0 victory and sit down with a few pints watching Skysports News after Moyes has been sacked and Rooney annouces he is joining us in Janauary for £2.5m.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Tonev should start if we are playing wingers I think.

Do you think he'll suddenly be not completely shit like every other time he has played? You want him to play against United? We might as well play with 10 men.

I struggle to see what he offers us too but he's a better bet than Weimann currently.

132 tickets left according to the online ticket master thing, meens lots of midlands mancs sitting among us i`m in the lets get them kicked out of our ground club and will be asking a steward to remove them at first opportunity.

Yeah I don't really trust that online ticket map. I wouldn't be suprised if it ends up at about 40-1 tho ie about 1,000 unsold. But still 2 days to go!

You get away fans in home areas all over the country for wotever reason.I've been elland road twice in home end because villa end sold out and same at man utd. Aslong as they aint gobbing off and acting like their with their own fans it aint to bad. Does my head in with man utd though. Should introduce smack a manc day sunday. Aint got a clue how the game is going to go. Really hope we screw them over

You get away fans in home areas all over the country for wotever reason.I've been elland road twice in home end because villa end sold out and same at man utd. Aslong as they aint gobbing off and acting like their with their own fans it aint to bad. Does my head in with man utd though. Should introduce smack a manc day sunday. Aint got a clue how the game is going to go. Really hope we screw them over

Just outta' curiosity, when you sit in the home end at away matches and Villa score - do you scream or sit on your hands and bite your tongue?

I don't celebrate. The once when I was at elland road we won 2.1 and I was behind the goal in the leeds main end. No way was I celebrating ha. Got thumped at old trafford 4.0 so had no reason to celebrate. But when utd scored I just sat their so people might of clicked on. I think you can get away with it at some grounds but some you can't. Also some parts of some grounds it aint to bad. Got no bother with away fans in home parts aslong as they aint taking piss

• Like 1