Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

when you are playing against the best teams without a proper playmaker, without your best defender then yes for just now. if that isn't good enough for you then sorry in advance.

Problem is that it is like that at home even against the lesser teams.

• Like 3

Aye. Maybe he'd prefer us to pass from the back, have 80 per cent possession and win by three or four. We try and push them wide, give their full-backs space but limit what they get in the middle and hit them on the break with Gabby's pace.

So our only tactic for home games is still to play like the away team and hope to hit them on the counter then...

Like against City you mean?

when you are playing against the best teams without a proper playmaker, without your best defender then yes for just now. if that isn't good enough for you then sorry in advance.

That method of play only works if we don't concede the first goal. 

The bbc preview on the website makes me laugh.

'Scoring goals continues to be a problem and it goes without saying that Christian Benteke's second season is proving to be a major disappointment so far.'

Its December. He was injured and is getting back to fitness. I don't think the first 5 games was a major disappointment. Drivel.

'The Belgian has gone more than 10 and a half hours without a goal, but is still Villa's top scorer with four. That alone speaks volumes.'

It speakes volume that our key player form last year who is struggling a bit and we are still mid table. That our midfield is now scoring goals. That we have scored more goals than Tottenham and  conceded less goals than United this season. But hey lets just have  a go at Villa because they are not important. Shove this down their throats, come on the Villa!

• Like 1

Surely nobody can see anything other than a UTD victory

If we win tomorrow, forget Arsenal and Man citeh victories

It will be the shock result of the season for me

Because they have lost their last 2 in the league and perhaps our home form is getting better (1 win, 1 draw in last 2)? Got to think postive.UTV.

Why?? Man City and Arsenal are better teams. If we have no playmaker as HH has said then neither do United and they lack a defensive mIdfield player. We will never have a better chance to beat United. This is the worst they've been since the Premier League began. That's why i don't think its the right way to setup just to play them on the counter attack. 

Edited by PaulC

Why?? Man City and Arsenal are better teams. If we have no playmaker as HH has said then neither do United and they lack a defensive mIdfield player. We will never have a better chance to beat United. This is the worst they've been since the Premier League began. That's why i don't think its the right way to setup just to play them on the counter attack.

We play Arsenal now, we get battered, we caught them off guard on the first day

City have been poor away and our record at home against them ain't too bad

UTD are UTD. We are their easiest fixture historically. Villa park is like a second home to them.

You see them losing their last two games as a positive for us, I see it as a negative. They are away from the pressure of the home crowd, they will not lose 3 games in a row and we are woefully under strength.

If we win or even draw ill hold my hands up but it's a defeat in my eyes

The bbc preview on the website makes me laugh.

'Scoring goals continues to be a problem and it goes without saying that Christian Benteke's second season is proving to be a major disappointment so far.'

Its December. He was injured and is getting back to fitness. I don't think the first 5 games was a major disappointment. Drivel.

'The Belgian has gone more than 10 and a half hours without a goal, but is still Villa's top scorer with four. That alone speaks volumes.'

It speakes volume that our key player form last year who is struggling a bit and we are still mid table. That our midfield is now scoring goals. That we have scored more goals than Tottenham and  conceded less goals than United this season. But hey lets just have  a go at Villa because they are not important. Shove this down their throats, come on the Villa!

Exactly. We've actually had a pretty decent spread of goals this season - Kozak with 3, Benteke with 4, Gabby and Weimann with 1, KEA with 2, Westwood and Delph with 1, Bacuna with 2.

It's pathetic because last season all they went on about was how we were overly reliant on Benteke for goals. words removed the lot of them.

We play Arsenal now, we get battered, we caught them off guard on the first day

City have been poor away and our record at home against them ain't too bad

UTD are UTD. We are their easiest fixture historically. Villa park is like a second home to them.

You see them losing their last two games as a positive for us, I see it as a negative. They are away from the pressure of the home crowd, they will not lose 3 games in a row and we are woefully under strength.

If we win or even draw ill hold my hands up but it's a defeat in my eyes

Maybe mostly true but fact is City and Arsenal are better teams and we have two first team players out so not woefully understrength. Ok maybe key players 

Lawrenson's prediction is great on this one

MAN UNITED MAN UNITED MAN UNITED MAN UNITED someone else MAN UNITED MAN UNITED

yea I read this and had a rant in this thread about it the other day. most of it is irrelevant to the match. there is one sentence in 6 paragraphs about us. joke