Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

As bad as Manure are, i can read the Moyes redemption headlines now - with everyone jizzing over them getting there season on track and bumming Rooney in the face for being the saviour of English football.

If we were having a good spell of form, had Delph and Vlaar involved I could maybe get a brief whiff of an upset, but being that our only chance of success revolves around our front three being on form - then I don't see anything other than a total drubbing.

I only really care about the performance. I hope we play well and lose rather than serving up another round of 3% possession, 2 shots on target style dog shite.

We beat done well against them last year with Ireland & bannan in side and I would like to think we are stronger this year. If gabby and benteke turn up we can beat them but a draw might be more realistic

i do kinda agree

but there is a slight irony in that although both Bannan and Ireland were mostly dreadful, they could sometimes (ok once) actually retain the ball and pass in a vaguely creative forward thinking way.

Either way they were both crap and we sacked them off, but bought no-one who could actually do the job better - just more cloggers.

We beat done well against them last year with Ireland & bannan in side and I would like to think we are stronger this year. If gabby and benteke turn up we can beat them but a draw might be more realistic

i do kinda agree

but there is a slight irony in that although both Bannan and Ireland were mostly dreadful, they could sometimes (ok once) actually retain the ball and pass in a vaguely creative forward thinking way.

Either way they were both crap and we sacked them off, but bought no-one who could actually do the job better - just more cloggers.

A midfield of Bannan, Westwood and Ireland are always going to be able to play a bit more than what we have available to us now. Off the ball is another matter. 

If our defence was as solid last year as it is this year, we'd probably have beat them.

This year, our defence is a great deal better but the same strikers who would could have beat them with aren't playing well.

The only way we will win is if Benteke goes SSJ4.

I'd be tempted to adopt similar tactics to Southampton. Go with three - or five - at the back. I'd drop Bacuna after recent poor displays and bring back Lowton. Also drop Weimann. Think we are right up against it even if they do have injury problems.

If we go defensive all it's goin to do,is invite Rooney to try and curl one into the top cormer. I say we attack them with everything we got

No one's asking for 80 percent possession HH.

We'd just like to see our team try to play some football.

I recognize PL'S tactics as something that could be effective but it's akin to sucking the skill out of the game and flipping a coin by punting balls up top and hoping someone slips.

I'm happy for your contributions and information HH. I know it must be hard for you reading this site sometimes.

Doesn't make me any less disappointed at the news.

I'm feeling quite mixed about this one.

There's two scenarios for me.

Scenario 1. Moyes plays this match with his head. He plays 4-5-1, sits back, waits for us to to try and attack but counters us. If this happens I think we will lose 3-0.

Scenario 2. Moyes is feeling the pressure from the board and fans. Feels that Man UTD need a win, won't want a fan backlash if they play with a defensive mindset (which is the smart thing to do), so they will play 4-4-2 with an attacking mindset giving us opportunity to counter attack.... similar to Man City. We win 2-1.

**** it, i'm going for scenario 2. We're gunna win.  :hooray:

Edited by PieFacE

Aye. Maybe he'd prefer us to pass from the back, have 80 per cent possession and win by three or four. We try and push them wide, give their full-backs space but limit what they get in the middle and hit them on the break with Gabby's pace.

So our only tactic for home games is still to play like the away team and hope to hit them on the counter then...