Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

The last time we beat these at home in a game they cared about Concorde was still flying. Not only was Princess Di still alive, she was still married to Charles. Sky TV could still repeat the episode of The Simpsons where Homer went to the World Trade Centre.  The kids Manchester United never won anything with have all retired*. We will never beat them. No matter how shit United are they are still good enough to beat us.  It's depressing. :(

*Ryan Giggs had 200 (well, 197) Manchester United appearances under his belt and two title medals by the time Hansen made that comment. He was not one of the kids. 

Nah we're going to win this one. Its our best chance in ages!

Don't fall into the trap.

Even if we were 4-0 up at HT against Yernited I still wouldn't feel confident of victory, like someone said, it's the law they beat us.

Nonetheless...

COME ON YOU LIONS.

:flag:

2 teams that are in similar positions , as it could kick start their respective seasons.

It all depends who grasps the mantle....will it be them or will it be us?

We have beaten City and arsenal, in theory both better than Man U

......so why can't we beat them?

The last time we beat these at home in a game they cared about Concorde was still flying. Not only was Princess Di still alive, she was still married to Charles. Sky TV could still repeat the episode of The Simpsons where Homer went to the World Trade Centre.  The kids Manchester United never won anything with have all retired*. We will never beat them. No matter how shit United are they are still good enough to beat us.  It's depressing. :(

*Ryan Giggs had 200 (well, 197) Manchester United appearances under his belt and two title medals by the time Hansen made that comment. He was not one of the kids. 

I agree. It's depressing how we regularly (in the grand scheme of things) we beat the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, City and even Liverpool to an extent and yet we've beaten United only twice in the league since 1992 (I think).

Edited by Mantis

Very hard to predict the outcome of this. Given our pathetic record against utd, you'd have to say a loss is on the cards again. Then again, we've given them a serious run for their money once or twice in the past few seasons (allbeit still losing). I'm going out on a limb to say we'll win 2-1 or a 3-2 in our favour this time with 15% possession!!. Big ask i know but gotta be positive. Come on the villa.

We as the crowd 2moro have to create an atmosphere for players to feel comfortable. It's a sold out game but there will be a lot of brummy Man U fans. I think if we're goin to break this crazy record they got against us it has to be 2moro

We'll never have a chance like this again. I read what Lambo and various players say about being fired up for this, with Guzan in particular saying that the team "owes" us 3 points at home here after the dreadful display at Fulham, but yet, I still just can't feel confident. We have a brilliant opportunity to end this dreadful record against them, but I can't help but think we'll get screwed over by a decision (or several), or we'll give them too much respect. Fingers crossed we'll seize this chance, and hopefully Villa Park will be rocking for it, even if we concede first. 

• Like 2

The Fergie factor is no longer there.....this will make a big difference.

I always suspected it would.

Hold your horses. If we beat them then you can say that. ;)

I'm referring to how their season is shaping up to now without ferguson....that's what I mean by saying " I suspected it would"