Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

So when does the brilliant play from the end of last season, where weimann, gabby and benteke were playing brilliant, begin?

that's the thing aint it I think we were all hoping for that great attacking play from all 3 of them like we saw near the end of last season. Benteke started well but he's gone off the boil big time and as for the other 2 we aint really saw anything off them. I think if weimann and benteke were on it like last season we could possibly be top 6 as we speak. Purely because the top teams have been very unconsistent this year. I think a top 9 finish would not of been out of the question if we had those 2 players on fire. I have faith in benteke but weimann looks completely gone

---------------Guzan

Lowton--Clarke--Baker--Bacuna

----------Herd---Westwood

Weimann-----Helenius------Gabby

--------------Benteke

The problem we have is that our 3 midfielders play so deep, there is a huge gap between Benteke and the middle.  usually Gabby and Weimann are out wide too.  We just need Herd and Westwood to hold and let the front 3 + attacking midfielder string a few passes in the opposition half.  

i'll be attending this game, which leads me to believe we will lose 3-0 :(

---------------Guzan

--------------Benteke

The problem we have is that our 3 midfielders play so deep, there is a huge gap between Benteke and the middle.  usually Gabby and Weimann are out wide too.  We just need Herd and Westwood to hold and let the front 3 + attacking midfielder string a few passes in the opposition half.  

Westwood has been shit all season. KEA gets hated on. WTF is going on seriously? Is it because he Muslim? I don't understand???

• Like 1

---------------Guzan

--------------Benteke

Westwood has been shit all season. KEA gets hated on. WTF is going on seriously? Is it because he Muslim? I don't understand???

In your opinion Westwood has been shit.

I don't think Westwood has been much better or worse than KEA. Neither of them have been particularly great and have performed to a similar standard.

I think suggesting racism simply because someone prefers Westwood in their starting XI over KEA is a pretty ludicrous accusation!

I'm sure I could say something similar about you and your bizarre resentment of anyone giving Delph praise.

Benteke hasn't scored since Lowton has been out of the team. Westwood hasn't been shit all season. 

Niether has KEA. He's at least one of our 5 best players this season and people constantly bag him. Weimann Gabby done fark all. Untouchable. It stinks. It really does.

I'm sure I could say something similar about you and your bizarre resentment of anyone giving Delph praise.

I think Delph has been our best player this season. It was pure parody intended to reflect on the ridiculous gap between the two where often times they have been the best two players in a match and people laud Delph and call for KEA's head. I'm sorry. I should have been more obvious.

• Like 1

When people predict losses in this thread are they being serious?

Because i don’t understand how people say we always lose to Utd (true), we’ll get destroyed etc etc. Then when it happens kick off and act all surprised, i don’t get it?

Utd will win, we always bend over for them at Villa Park, its been like even before the anti-christ Lerner and that terrible manager Lambert turned up. The last time we won was the notorious grey/blue kit, won’t win anything with kids season wasn’t it?

With that attitude coupled with negative tactics and with a continuing change of formations and tactics, with no stability and no clear philosophy, we're never going to grow as club. Is that what you want?

Yes, that's exactly what I want.

I don't know what you mean about no stability though, and there has been progress this seaosn with regards to results.

With that attitude coupled with negative tactics and with a continuing change of formations and tactics, with no stability and no clear philosophy, we're never going to grow as club. Is that what you want?

Yes, that's exactly what I want.

I don't know what you mean about no stability though, and there has been progress this seaosn with regards to results.

Which is why it is great the manager wasn't removed last year when some called for his head. 

Benteke hasn't scored since Lowton has been out of the team. Westwood hasn't been shit all season. 

Niether has KEA. He's at least one of our 5 best players this season and people constantly bag him. Weimann Gabby done fark all. Untouchable. It stinks. It really does.

KEA has been ok. He's come up with two important goals. Delph is our best midfield player but I wish he was able to do his stuff further up the pitch instead of in his own half. We saw an instance of that in the Fulham game. But we need to see more. Not many more skilful midifeld players than Delph in the division.

Guzan

Lowton Clark Baker Luna

Herd

Bacuna  Westwood KEA Gabby

Benteke

for me. Big Christian is out of form but still offers more than Andi. Both Bacuna and Gab are capable of getting to the line and putting in the sort of crosses that he needs.

Playing Chris Herd in to add a little bite and to counteract Rooney dropping off RVP.  

• Like 1

Guzan

Lowton Clark Baker Luna

Herd

Bacuna  Westwood KEA Gabby

Benteke

for me. Big Christian is out of form but still offers more than Andi. Both Bacuna and Gab are capable of getting to the line and putting in the sort of crosses that he needs.

Playing Chris Herd in to add a little bite and to counteract Rooney dropping off RVP.  

Sorry but when has Bacuna put in a good cross this season? 

---------------Guzan

--------------Benteke

In your opinion Westwood has been shit.

I don't think Westwood has been much better or worse than KEA. Neither of them have been particularly great and have performed to a similar standard.

I think suggesting racism simply because someone prefers Westwood in their starting XI over KEA is a pretty ludicrous accusation!

I simply chose Westwood over KEA as i felt Westwood would offer more sitting deep than KEA does, KEA prefers to venture more forward.  Think we need two holding with Herd providing the steel and hopefully Westwood providing the passes

---------------Guzan

--------------Benteke

What a ridiculous post this is? Bringing someones religion into a debate. No its the fact he just runs around, when he actually got on the ball, he lost it and led to the Fulham goal. I think his goals have actually masked his performances with a few, he's like the invisible man on the pitch at times. Not saying Westwood has been great either.

Vlaar missing make me lose confidence in this game .. I'm really not looking forward to it .. neither to the whole League ..

Add to that without Delph ! Even if we were playing a championship team I'd worry without those players ..