Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

....erm, am I the only one who isn't that fussed by this apparent signing? I think I wanted him before be went to Wigan!!

If he can't score goals for wigan how is he going to score goals for us?

Why we did not sign Wells if were still in the market for lower league players i will never know are we really that broke

I'd like to think we are a bit better than Wigan and we could put him into some decent goal scoring situations.

We didn't need to buy another striker...we just need one on loan for a while whilst Kozak is injured. Holt is strong, aggressive and may give us a little bit of bite for a change. Plus, if Benteke gets an injury or we miss Gabby for whatever reason...who would we have, Weimann, who has been awful! Helenius isn't quite ready yet.

Edited by Tayls

I agree that signing Holt would be pathetic but let's wait and see.

I think it's lazy journalism - former player reuniting with his old manager. Surely not Grant Holt.

I think it's lazy journalism - former player reuniting with his old manager. Surely not Grant Holt.

When sky journalists (Graeme bailey) have tweeted that his having a medical tomorrow it really does look like this is actually happening

When sky journalists (Graeme bailey) have tweeted that his having a medical tomorrow it really does look like this is actually happening

Yup.

Experienced player on short-term loan to rejoin the manager that got the best out of him as cover for Kozak (like for like)... Don't see the problem providing it doesn't detract from any other signings.

this for me....

Not inspirational but could work, then again it might not.

If it does happen and Holt comes in and scores maybe 5 goals (or gets a few penalty decisions) before the end of the season it wouldn't be a bad return.

At least we're not signing him on a 3.5yr contract at 90k a week,

Â