Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

This place is mental.

I imagine that when we do get any new signings through the door, we won't get a sniff of them until they are done, just like the summer.

Yep - there's never been protracted rumour-mongering and drawn out talks with Lambert's signings.

Helenius was the only one that took a while because of the Danish Stock Exchange but usually the OS confirms our signings a couple of hours after the thread opens on VT.

I do remember there was a bit of a wait for Okore too, but Kozak, Luna, Bacuna and Tonev all seemed to get here the moment we realised there was a link.

• Like 1

I seriously cannot believe the shit some people fall for on here. Unbelievable

I believe !

Stop listening to The Bachelors. :)

Smile for me, my Diame...

• Like 1

Who is that girl in the Villa cap

Our new signing. 

Go on, somebody make a joke about 'playing in the hole'.

I think I'd just launch it through the middle. Or, perhaps sneak in round the back unmarked. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Who is that girl in the Villa cap

Our new signing. 

Go on, somebody make a joke about 'playing in the hole'.

I think I'd just launch it through the middle. Or, perhaps sneak in round the back unmarked. 

I'd muster probably about 3 shots on target but after the second it'd be hard to keep pressing.

• Like 1

I seriously cannot believe the shit some people fall for on here. Unbelievable

And you're clearly the better person because of it :-)

he's right though, we do swallow some absolute guff, me included.

It's not necessarily guff - I reckon we've definitely been in for the likes of Belhanda, Coutinho, Kiyotake etc. - their agents/chairmen etc have said as much. It's just that when it comes to actually agreeing to their terms unfortunately our interest inevitably ends.....

you might be right

but also if you were an agent, wouldn't the very least you could do as part of your insidious slimy little job:

1) Look at a prem team underachieving (preferably one that can afford your player, but hey that's not really important)

2) Note the fact they are lacking in an area your client plays in - maybe notice that pundits/fans alike have decried that fact on forums and the media - 'if only that team would sign a *insert position here* then they would get in the Champion's League or not get relegated, become good etc etc.'

3) Make a statement to some highly *ahem* reputable online press that the club you've chosen to help play out for your favourite charade is interested in your client - possibly speculate on the value of that player - maybe even wages, make it clear they want to play in a specific league, state the player has other options but don't name the other clubs. (This could be based on the fact you rang that club about your client being available and they didn't tell you f*ck off, or that it is a club you know doesn't comment on transfers/players till they happen so won't deny your crap).

4) Make sure you do this at a point you have already had a CONCRETE offer or interest from another club (maybe a lesser club) - ensuring that the interested party will panic and offer more in fees and wages for your client. At worst if they don't bite then other clubs will come out of the woodwork now they know the finances/player availability in question.

5) Maybe even pay some **** on twitter a tenner to start a rumour about your client going to a club, make sure they quote fees and wages needed.

6) Sit back and claim your hundreds of thousands/millions in fees for doing what the type of simplistic work a ten year old could manage (or the dum dum typing this right now).

Edited by VillanousOne

Â