Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

to his credit Clark has really stepped and improved his game. A lot more confident and assured with his game. Baker is a decent back up. Okore will be providing great competition and hes back in a few months. We may need another CB but we REALLY need to sort our midfield. I personally think we need a DM and an AM. Or 1 top quality all round midfielder ie Milner (we aint getting him but a similar player with similar attributes).

Attacking midfield is without key but I think we still need a CB after that as when Vlaar isn't there we really struggle.  I think Vlaar makes Clark look better than he is and would rather Clark be number 3 choice CB.  Against Liverpool we looked far better as a team with our defence more solid with Ryan at left back and I agree that Clark was in that I still prefer another 1st choice CB

to his credit Clark has really stepped and improved his game. A lot more confident and assured with his game. Baker is a decent back up. Okore will be providing great competition and hes back in a few months. We may need another CB but we REALLY need to sort our midfield. I personally think we need a DM and an AM. Or 1 top quality all round midfielder ie Milner (we aint getting him but a similar player with similar attributes).

Attacking midfield is without key but I think we still need a CB after that as when Vlaar isn't there we really struggle.  I think Vlaar makes Clark look better than he is and would rather Clark be number 3 choice CB.  Against Liverpool we looked far better as a team with our defence more solid with Ryan at left back and I agree that Clark was in that I still prefer another 1st choice CB

I agree but i think we will manage with Clark till the summer. Okore will then be fit. Where as i think KEA and Westwood are passengers in our side.

• Like 2

We dont need Lescott. hes not even that good anymore. Obviously better than Clark and would improve us.. but Clark and Vlaar have been good together this season. I think we are crying out for a midfielder more than anything. If we get Lescott AND a quality midfielder.. then yeah why not. But i can only see us signing 1 decent player.. i just hope we sort out the midfield role as its not looking likely at the moment. Our only target is Hoolahan who the telegraph are saying our interest has 'cooled'.

Agreed. Lescott isn't as good as he used to be, quite a few times he's been at fault for some of the goals they've conceeded because he isn't in the right place. Yes, he will be an improvement on our defence, but not as big as some of us are making out to be.

Look no further than the goal he gave up against Noone over the weekend. I prefer Clark/Vlaar tandem any day right now. I really don't get the criticism for Clark, escpecially this season.

I dont think its obvious that lescott is that much better than Clark. i rate Lescott but not as highly as others seem to do. At Everton he looked amazing, but moyes system always gave his CB's alot of protection.

I do believe we are in for him as i think Lamberts preferred system is to play 3 CB. Baker as back up

Would rather we spent the wages on an attacking mid.

This isn't very likely if we're being honest. It's fair to assume that Lescott earns 6 figures a week, which is way, way beyond our wage budget, even if cut in half.

Having Lescott on loan, for whatever reason, is a costly exercise. He's good,  but then we have improved enough this season defensively so as maybe not to warrant it.

We have to prioritise and that's in midfield. Get it done, Lambert.

• Like 2

This isn't very likely if we're being honest. It's fair to assume that Lescott earns 6 figures a week, which is way, way beyond our wage budget, even if cut in half.

It's also mental to think that Joleon **** Lescott could be on 6 figures a week.

Clark is better then Lescott.

Clark could potentially become better than Lescott. 

You're both wrong.

That is why Lescott is on £100k+ a week at the wealthiest club in the league and why Clark is at Aston Villa.

I would rather have Lescott paired with or instead of Vlaar in our defence if Vlaar picks up another injury.

Exactly my thoughts too.

2 of our 3 first team CBs are injury prone, so it would make sense to bring another one (hopefully not injury prone) in during this window if possible.

Â