Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Weren't we linked with this guy last year?

Has he got one hell of a throw on him?

Joking of course.

reading some villa ITK bullshit on twitter that we are signing someone decent, potentially before the baggies game

then you read through their other tweets and see one suggesting kroos is about to sign for liverpool on loan, you mean the same toni kroos who has played 26 times for bayern this year? yeah thats going to happen isnt it, unbelievable that people buy in to this shit

We are making a loan bid for Lescott (Mirror).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-join-joleon-lescott-3056081#.UuGrg7Qo-M8

Great if it was happening, but isn't Lescott on something like £94k pw (think I saw that figure somewhere).

""A Premiership club can take players on loan from other Premiership clubs, but only a maximum of two at a time, a maximum of four per season and only during the transfer window".

Edited by Avflife

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-join-joleon-lescott-3056081#.UuGrg7Qo-M8

Great if it was happening, but isn't Lescott on something like £94k pw (think I saw that figure somewhere).

Shocking piece of journalism, not researched in the slightest. We have already used up our two domestic loans, unless we are going to send Holt back to Wigan to eat pies on the bench again  :D

""A Premiership club can take players on loan from other Premiership clubs, but only a maximum of two at a time, a maximum of four per season and only during the transfer window".

I'm 95% sure it's 2 Premier League loans, not domestic. Rule makers probably didn't even think Premier League clubs would need to loan off the championship :D. James Nursey is in an around the club so is usually pretty clued up.

Shocking piece of journalism, not researched in the slightest. We have already used up our two domestic loans, unless we are going to send Holt back to Wigan to eat pies on the bench again  :D

I'm 95% sure it's 2 Premier League loans, not domestic. Rule makers probably didn't even think Premier League clubs would need to loan off the championship :D. James Nursey is in an around the club so is usually pretty clued up.

After writing that post I located the quote, regarding loans, through three pages of Google searches and it still wasn't from the FA's website. Anyways it's still poorly researched as we are never going to get Lescott due to his wage at City, just pointless broadcasting the same old information over and over again.

Four loans, two from fellow Premier League clubs and the other two from either the Championship lol or aboard, don't even want to be researched at this hour how Watford managed to practically field a team of loan signings last year.

Edited by Avflife

We dont need Lescott. hes not even that good anymore. Obviously better than Clark and would improve us.. but Clark and Vlaar have been good together this season. I think we are crying out for a midfielder more than anything. If we get Lescott AND a quality midfielder.. then yeah why not. But i can only see us signing 1 decent player.. i just hope we sort out the midfield role as its not looking likely at the moment. Our only target is Hoolahan who the telegraph are saying our interest has 'cooled'.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

We dont need Lescott. hes not even that good anymore. Obviously better than Clark and would improve us.. but Clark and Vlaar have been good together this season. I think we are crying out for a midfielder more than anything. If we get Lescott AND a quality midfielder.. then yeah why not. But i can only see us signing 1 decent player.. i just hope we sort out the midfield role as its not looking likely at the moment. Our only target is Hoolahan who the telegraph are saying our interest has 'cooled'.

Agreed. Lescott isn't as good as he used to be, quite a few times he's been at fault for some of the goals they've conceeded because he isn't in the right place. Yes, he will be an improvement on our defence, but not as big as some of us are making out to be.

Agreed. Lescott isn't as good as he used to be, quite a few times he's been at fault for some of the goals they've conceeded because he isn't in the right place. Yes, he will be an improvement on our defence, but not as big as some of us are making out to be.

Look no further than the goal he gave up against Noone over the weekend. I prefer Clark/Vlaar tandem any day right now. I really don't get the criticism for Clark, escpecially this season.  

• Like 2

to his credit Clark has really stepped and improved his game. A lot more confident and assured with his game. Baker is a decent back up. Okore will be providing great competition and hes back in a few months. We may need another CB but we REALLY need to sort our midfield. I personally think we need a DM and an AM. Or 1 top quality all round midfielder ie Milner (we aint getting him but a similar player with similar attributes).

• Like 4

Â