Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Arsenal are ready to let Emmanuel Frimpong leave in January, his contract runs out in the summer. What are people's opinion on him? I don't know that much about him other than he did his ACL not long ago (last year?).

A strong defensive midfielder, only 22 years old. Could he be useful?

I think he'd be a decent prospect for a team willing to take a gamble. He does seem to be injured a lot though. 

Sunderland are in for Ever Banega. Now I am having a meltdown.

They've also just signed Oscar Ustari.

If there's any truth in the Ever Benega rumour, then Gus Poyet is using FM2010 as his new head scout.

• Like 4

Arsenal are ready to let Emmanuel Frimpong leave in January, his contract runs out in the summer. What are people's opinion on him? I don't know that much about him other than he did his ACL not long ago (last year?).

yeah, worth a punt

yeah, worth a punt

About twice as much as Aiden McGeady, then. 

• Like 2

He looked decent before his injury I thought.

Not seen him since.

Very strange man.

A few years ago didn't Arsenal play Frimpong and Coquelin centre mid against Liverpool/Arsenal/Man Utd/Spurs (can't remember who sorry)? They both were absolutely brilliant. I think Frimpong got sent off for 2 yellows, but I seem to remember him being pretty good until that point.

An attacking midfielder is much more important for us now but I would say that the squad certainly needs a strong defensive midfielder. We lack someone strong in midfield who can shield the defense better.

Not a priority but for someone who has something to prove, relatively low wages and wont cost much I think he could be useful.

Delph is more of a box to box midfielder. He likes to take those runs with the ball.

Would be great to have the option of Westwood, Delph and an AM to use against poorer teams and then a proper DM, Delph and an AM against better teams.

Â