Weather...

Dodgyknees

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fer christs sake, its not just public transport that you Londoners are spoiled with

THIRTY fire engines for a grass fire in Upminster, Thirty... Thirty thats 30 for one fire. We'd be calling in engines from Warrington Manchester Lancashire and Cheshire to get thirty fire engines for one fire

Come join us in london you will love it then 😃

11 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

As it was approaching 18:00 it was saying 76% chance of rain by me. I did feel about 3 drops of rain shortly after but the clouds have gone and the sun is out again.

Yep, haven’t seen a single spot at all. I hope it’s on it’s way. 

Very uncomfortable working at home today. Glad its cooling tomorrow as got loads of work to do! Hardly got anything done the last 2 days. No fun writing reports when you are sweating! I rescheduled all my zoom calls for later this week as well. 

The hardest part for me is not having any outdoor space at my apartment, so its like i'm trapped. Now 95% of the year, it's fine, but I do need to get this place sold and get a little cottage somewhere rural with my own garden. I was hoping this year but various reasons meant that hasn't been possible. I do actually like the warm weather, but its got to be on my terms :D 

Big old rumbles of thunder out in west London just now. If it starts to chuck it down I’m getting the deckchair out and sitting in it for a bit to cool off. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

As one of those working from home fannies, today has been nowhere near as bad as I thought. Got up to 30 in my home office at 4ish, knocked it on the head and sat out in the shade drinking some ice cold cider. Bloody lovely. I feel for anyone doing physical work or having to commute though

I thought it was reasonably bearable today. Not as bad as I thought. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

I do need to get this place sold and get a little cottage somewhere rural with my own garden. 

That would be brilliant. You could go cottaging every day then. 

48 minutes ago, choffer said:

Big old rumbles of thunder out in west London just now. If it starts to chuck it down I’m getting the deckchair out and sitting in it for a bit to cool off. 

I had 7 drops earlier it better get higher volume later or ill be joining you in west london

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I had 7 drops earlier it better get higher volume later or ill be joining you in west london

Save your tube fare. Not even a drop yet. 

To me, yesterday was obviously very warm, but if I hadn’t seen the weather warnings, I wouldn’t have thought anything beyond “Hmm today was quite hot”.

Today, however, it was like walking through a continuous wall of heat, can’t recall experiencing that in this country before. I’ve been painting in a house near me, literally a minute walk away. Taking a drink bottle with me about 1pm, put half a dozen ice cubes in the drink. By the time I reach the house, the ice cubes have melted and they’re a tenth of their original size, if that.

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s been literally the hottest day on record.

I understand that, but I was led to believe it would be hotter than the sun. I had a fan on and was ok. Also, it was the hottest day on record in this country. Which it was, it was very hot. Not the hottest I have been, so mileage as they say, might vary. 

49 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I understand that, but I was led to believe it would be hotter than the sun. I had a fan on and was ok. Also, it was the hottest day on record in this country. Which it was, it was very hot. Not the hottest I have been, so mileage as they say, might vary. 

I dont know what kind of fan you had my fan and most other peoples just circulated hot air so was pointless having on ;)

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know what kind of fan you had my fan and most other peoples just circulated hot air so was pointless having on ;)

I guess over time the air in the room cooled. I am no scientist though. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

I guess over time the air in the room cooled. I am no scientist though. 

Fans don’t cool air, they just move it around. Moving air can make you feel cooler by increasing the rate of evaporation of sweat. If you want to lower the temperature of the air you need an air conditioner. 

• Like 1

Â