Weather...

Dodgyknees

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Today is hotter than 1976, but didn't 1976 have temperatures in the 30's for pretty much the whole summer?   Heard that somewhere, not sure if true.

4 entire months between May to September

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I really can't complain about this weather, I'm a winter person, I despise the heat, anything over 19° and I feel horribly uncomfortable.

everyone I'm speaking with is sitting in rooms that are between 30° and 34°, my living room is currently 24.3°

its still too warm for me but man, it could be a helluva lot worse

That's because they've left their windows open the silly billies.

32 minutes ago, choffer said:

I don’t know why people are complaining about a bit of warm weather. It’s not like anything bad will ha……oh wait

If that was motorway, them paper tiger traffic officers would have closed it off by now causing 10 miles tailbacks in 40 degree heat.

We do love nothing more than a good weather chat in this country. I was discussing this in The Gambia a few months back, after some of the locals remarked how we brits always talk about the heat. They have no need to discuss the weather there as it’s the same every day. 40°C and no rain. 

I work with a Brazilian guy, he always says it not really about the high (or low) temperatures. Its the change in temperature. If its 35 degrees every day then you get used to it and crack on.

If it’s usually 15-25 then it spikes to 40 then it’s chaos as nobody can cope. Same if it’s usually about 0 in winder then it goes to minus 10.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fires breaking out in london. Shit

Looks bad on the news. 

From Sky News:

• Thirty fire engines are dealing with a grass fire on Pea Lane in Upminster
• Twelve fire engines are tackling a fire involving garden fencing and trees on Uxbridge Road in Pinner
• Ten fire engines are attending a restaurant fire on Green Lanes in Southgate
• Eight fire engines are tackling a grass fire on Oaks Road in Croydon
• Eight fire engines are dealing with a grass fire on Ballards Road in Dagenham
• Eight fire engines are attending a fire on The Broadway in Wembley
• Six fire engines are tackling a grass fire on Sunningfields Crescent in Hendon
• Four fire engines are dealing with a grass fire on Chapel View in Croydon
• Four fire engines are attending a fire on Sidcup Road in Eltham

I wouldn’t want to be a firefighter today.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Looks bad on the news. 

From Sky News:

• Thirty fire engines are dealing with a grass fire on Pea Lane in Upminster
• Twelve fire engines are tackling a fire involving garden fencing and trees on Uxbridge Road in Pinner
• Ten fire engines are attending a restaurant fire on Green Lanes in Southgate
• Eight fire engines are tackling a grass fire on Oaks Road in Croydon
• Eight fire engines are dealing with a grass fire on Ballards Road in Dagenham
• Eight fire engines are attending a fire on The Broadway in Wembley
• Six fire engines are tackling a grass fire on Sunningfields Crescent in Hendon
• Four fire engines are dealing with a grass fire on Chapel View in Croydon
• Four fire engines are attending a fire on Sidcup Road in Eltham

I wouldn’t want to be a firefighter today.

Saw two massive fires while on the road today in Southborough and High Wycombe 

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If that was motorway, them paper tiger traffic officers would have closed it off by now causing 10 miles tailbacks in 40 degree heat.

Stop moaning please and just ENJOY IT!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We do love nothing more than a good weather chat in this country. I was discussing this in The Gambia a few months back, after some of the locals remarked how we brits always talk about the heat. They have no need to discuss the weather there as it’s the same every day. 40°C and no rain. 

Their wildlife will have pyrophytic adaptations. Ours don't. 

• Like 1

I wonder what the outcome was of the cobra meeting about this heatwave. Nothing tangible seems to have come of it. I wonder if the actions are at the bottom of BJ's inbox

Just now, juanpabloangel18 said:

Stop embarrassing yourself.

There's fires raging all over London and a major incident declared. There will be stories of elderly people dying.

And when people go on holiday to hotter places they laze around doing nothing and sit in rooms with air-con designed to keep the heat out. The UK is not equipped for this heat on a frequent basis. And we'll have floods again in the winter.

People like you make me despair honestly

Peace Out Running GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder what the outcome was of the cobra meeting about this heatwave. Nothing tangible seems to have come of it. I wonder if the actions are at the bottom of BJ's inbox

There will definitely be an emergency committee set up headed by a Cabinet Minister and senior civil servant to ensure the free supply of Pimms.  Can't be too careful in this kind of weather, disaster could strike at any time.

Â