Weather...

Dodgyknees

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That is the slipperiest surface imaginable. I once had to give up trying to get to work on that stuff. People were just falling over left right and centre, cars slewing all over the road, real Keystone Cops stuff. 

I've seen it in the morning where you can see it's defrosted a bit and then frozen again but never mid day

It's between -3° and -5° and it's raining not snowing, it's bizarre 

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

7cm of snow over night and still coming down so that's me probably working from home for the rest of the week

-5 here overnight. Everything is frozen solid. School run will be fun.

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Brace yourself.

Double fisted by deadly snow and ice. 

Talk about freezing your arse off 😲

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

I warmed the car earlier before the school run and used the excellent ford heated windscreen which sorted it out in a couple of minutes. It was still 5 minutes before I was leaving so turned the car off again.

5 minutes later I got back to the car and the beads of water on the windscreen (was frost) have frozen again already, crazy.

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I warmed the car earlier before the school run and used the excellent ford heated windscreen which sorted it out in a couple of minutes. It was still 5 minutes before I was leaving so turned the car off again.

5 minutes later I got back to the car and the beads of water on the windscreen (was frost) have frozen again already, crazy.

With no working heater in my car, I just won't bother! 

• Shocked 1

Watching the flight lottery is fascinating in a sort of odd type of way.

Flights to Edinburgh are currently a magical mystery tour - maybe you end up in Edinburgh, maybe you don't, maybe you have a couple of goes at landing in Edinburgh and end up in Newcastle - nobody knows.

A Manchester to Dublin flight got diverted to Paris.

There's a flight in the air at the moment that was supposed to be going to Edinburgh - he had one go at the approach and is now headed for Cologne.

Flightradar24 is just bizarre tonight.

• Haha 1

Watching Edinburgh airport - they come in, they get down under 2,000ft and then about half of them manage to get it onto the ground and half pull out of it.

It's fascinating.

A lgith from Dublin just backed out of it - it was delayed by more than eight hours and now they haven't hit the landing - poor buggers.

The people on that Dublin to Edinburgh flight aren't going to forget this storm in a hurry - scheduled to leave Dublin at 3:35 pm this afternoon for the one hour five minute hop to Edinburgh, landing at 4:40 pm. It didn't take off until 11:46 pm and they're currently due to land in Cologne at 01:54 am. So just the nine and a bit hours late and 540 miles away from where they were headed - .it's taken them ten and a half hours to get twice as far from their destination as they started out.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The people on that Dublin to Edinburgh flight aren't going to forget this storm in a hurry - scheduled to leave Dublin at 3:35 pm this afternoon for the one hour five minute hop to Edinburgh, landing at 4:40 pm. It didn't take off until 11:46 pm and they're currently due to land in Cologne at 01:54 am. So just the nine and a bit hours late and 540 miles away from where they were headed - .it's taken them ten and a half hours to get twice as far from their destination as they started out.

Pretty much anywhere on “mainland” UK would have been some kind of result. A bus, train or hire car away. Poor buggers.

Â