Weather...

Dodgyknees

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

I love a cold dry day. Blue sky, -10 degrees and fresh. Sadly those days are dying out.

I been skiing a few times, love the clear blue skys, cold and white. Still come back with a sun tan, on your face anyway. 😆

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, my measure of a wet or dry summer is how often I have to top up my ponds.

Summer of 2023, didn’t have to do it once.

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Liability Larry.

But yes, ponds plural. Just beyond the summer house and the fire pit, but this side of the double garage.

Christ on a bike.

I've taken 2 years of shit on here just for having a couple of sheds.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Christ on a bike.

I've taken 2 years of shit on here just for having a couple of sheds.

People see ponds and think of Chris Packham, Attenborough, Mo Mowlam, Ed Balls, that woman off Countryfile that sometimes has jeans a size too tight.

People see multiple flashy sheds and think of Lee Anderson and Fred West. 

• Haha 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

@Genie got a drone for Christmas. 

Not my pictures, but a lot of other people definitely got drones for Christmas. I’ve never seen so many aerial pictures of floods before. 

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Not my pictures, but a lot of other people definitely got drones for Christmas. I’ve never seen so many aerial pictures of floods before. 

Didn't realise T'muff was thad bad! A pal of mine sent me a pic of the Castle grounds yesterday on his walk to the train station and it looked bad, but never realised how bad until these aerial shots 

My old man is in Tamworth and was planning on going over to see him today / this weekend.  Hopefully it's a little dryer by then!

26 minutes ago, dubbs said:

My old man is in Tamworth and was planning on going over to see him today / this weekend.  Hopefully it's a little dryer by then!

Tbh the normal roads are fine. Vast majority of the flooding is flood plains. I went to Ventura park yesterday (next to the Snowdome and Bowling in those pictures with flooded car parks) and it was normal (hell).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Tbh the normal roads are fine. Vast majority of the flooding is flood plains. I went to Ventura park yesterday (next to the Snowdome and Bowling in those pictures with flooded car parks) and it was normal (hell).

For me Ventura Park is:

Arrive outside Home Bargains at 7.55am

Go into store when they can be arsed to open the door

Back in my car at 8.20am

Home at 8.30am

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

For me Ventura Park is:

Arrive outside Home Bargains at 7.55am

Go into store when they can be arsed to open the door

Back in my car at 8.20am

Home at 8.30am

Usually if I go I go at about tea-time on a weekday. It’s super quiet. 

2 minutes ago, fleksnes said:

I usually dont complain,but -29.... Was -36 during the night. Both me,and the cat gets a little grumpy from this cold now. .

Presume all those useless heat pumps have packed it in. They'll never work. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Presume all those useless heat pumps have packed it in. They'll never work. 

I am using old fashion wood,so inside there arent a problem. The anoying thing is that it is too cold to do things i was going to do outside this weekend. Move some snow from the driveway,and go fishing. Guess i will skip the fishingpart. To cold to stand still outside now. 

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

South Oxfordshire is absolutely ****

Caught the train from Paddington to Worcester on Wednesday.

It's a fairly floody route anyway, and can look quite dramatic when it's not really.

Well, this time it was dramatic.

It looked like Hanborough was in the middle of a lake. Morton In Marsh was Morton In Pond. The static homes next to the Avon in Evesham were looking a bit damp. The drains around Diglis in Worcester were kicking out water like little fountains, the water pressure being supplied by the slope up to the Bath Road, at a guess?

The return last night went absolutely tits up at Oxford. There was a fatality at Pangbourne, on top of the weather, on top of shite GWR trains being AWOL anyway.

Fortunately for the London bound there's the Chiltern line that serves Bicester retail hell and goes to Marylebone.

We left a lot of folk in despair at Oxford.

2 hours ago, fleksnes said:

I am using old fashion wood,so inside there arent a problem. The anoying thing is that it is too cold to do things i was going to do outside this weekend. Move some snow from the driveway,and go fishing. Guess i will skip the fishingpart. To cold to stand still outside now. 

Maybe too cold to stand still, but you can always move around and go ice swimming 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, off to Worcester tomorrow, I’m kinda presuming that roads will be clear by then, we just might not get to have a riverside walk.

With the amount of rain recently, everywhere in Worcester will pretty much be a kind of riverside walk! 

Â