Weather...

Dodgyknees

They said it was going to snow today but I am working next to a slightly open patio door because the house is so bloody hot.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't want to alarm anyone but there is an orangey yellow thing in the sky and it's projecting some kind of heat.

Hopefully it keeps the clouds away so my boy can play football this weekend 

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't want to alarm anyone but there is an orangey yellow thing in the sky and it's projecting some kind of heat.

Just think, a few months from now it will probably burn all moisture from the face of the earth. 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just think, a few months from now it will probably burn all moisture from the face of the earth. 

A few months from now we’ll all be complaining it’s too hot and we can’t sleep. We’ll be considering buying aircon units which will ultimately make the problem worse.

It's lovely out there. Definite heat in the sun and even a middling breeze doesn't make it cold. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's lovely out there. Definite heat in the sun and even a middling breeze doesn't make it cold. 

Yeah, I took the opportunity to take the dog out for a big walk. Perfect weather for that.

• 1 month later...

What weather forecasting sites do people use? I've generally relied on the BBC but lately they seem to never get it right and be overly pessimistic. Are any of them at least vaguely close to getting it right?

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

What weather forecasting sites do people use? I've generally relied on the BBC but lately they seem to never get it right and be overly pessimistic. Are any of them at least vaguely close to getting it right?

71udPAW3lUL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

None, I've given up on them all. 

If one said 'it's just going piss down as usual, probably be windy at some point so I'd not make any plans that involved using your garden' then I'd be inclined to think they know what they are talking about. 

53 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

None, I've given up on them all. 

If one said 'it's just going piss down as usual, probably be windy at some point so I'd not make any plans that involved using your garden' then I'd be inclined to think they know what they are talking about. 

I don't mind a bit of rain as long as you know it's coming. I've lost count of the number of days BBC predicted lightning so we've stayed in and then it's been fine. Same story today, predicted lightning for 4 hours and not hit once. Been windy but nothing unmanageable around here.

Â