Weather...

Dodgyknees

My sister lives in St John's, the other side of the river which never cops it as bad as Worcester town centre. The pictures she has shown indicates even towards her house the water got further this time. 

On 03/01/2024 at 18:19, sidcow said:

I've taken 2 years of shit on here just for having a couple of sheds.

You mean to say you only have 2 sheds? As someone who missed the start of this one I kinda thought you had at least a few and that one of them is just for cushions but didn't want to ask 

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

You mean to say you only have 2 sheds? As someone who missed the start of this one I kinda thought you had at least a few and that one of them is just for cushions but didn't want to ask 

OK, 3 sheds including the cushion shed. 

miley-cyrus-confused.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sunshine and frost!

Sunshine and frost!

Get out there and seize the **** day.

Just about my favourite weather.

Same.

I’ll be going out later for a big dog walk, and then watch Tamworth. This is what winter is about.

• 2 weeks later...

Went up Pen y Fan today. Dusting of snow on the top and a fair bit of ice in places, but a really nice clear winters day on the way up. As we approached the top we could see lots of dark clouds rolling over. Was icy cold and rather windy all of a sudden in the middle of a cloud. That windchill was brutal.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Weather warming for snow today, Frankfurt airport were cancelling flights for today since yesterday, not even started yet

What? This only happens in the UK. The rest of the world take snow in their stride. 

• Haha 1

Weather warming for snow today, Frankfurt airport were cancelling flights for today since yesterday, not even started yet

Silly sausages 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What? This only happens in the UK. The rest of the world take snow in their stride. 

Germany has changed since the catastrophe as they call it, the huge floodings a few summers back that wiped out whole villages 

I got a government alert on my phone at 6.30am this morning waking me and the kids up which was **** brilliant seeing as Im working from home and had no alarm on 

My boss was supposed to by flying out of frankfurt tonight at 9pm and they cancelled his flight yesterday afternoon, that seems crazy to me, told Amsterdam / KLM  have done the same 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Germany has changed since the catastrophe as they call it, the huge floodings a few summers back that wiped out whole villages 

I got a government alert on my phone at 6.30am this morning waking me and the kids up which was **** brilliant seeing as Im working from home and had no alarm on 

My boss was supposed to by flying out of frankfurt tonight at 9pm and they cancelled his flight yesterday afternoon, that seems crazy to me, told Amsterdam / KLM  have done the same 

I was joking. Eveytime snow **** up the UK people bang on about that it doesn't happen abroad. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was joking. Eveytime snow **** up the UK people bang on about that it doesn't happen abroad. 

I know yeah

When I first moved here it was noticeable that it didn't happen but slowly now it's creeping in, probably an element of corona about it too and how it's become more acceptable to work from home, I think 5 years ago if I said I wasn't coming in to work because of snow I'd be laughed at 

They dont get excited when it's too hot yet though 

Cold weather actually woke me this morning. So cold it gave me a headache. Piss off. If it's going to be cold have the decency to bring a mountain's worth of snow with you. 

Still not snowing, it's actually raining and doing something I've never seen before, it's freezing as it hits the ground, everything loaks soaking wet but it's actually ice 

Looks deadly out there 

• Shocked 1

Still not snowing, it's actually raining and doing something I've never seen before, it's freezing as it hits the ground, everything loaks soaking wet but it's actually ice 

Looks deadly out there 

He says wrap up warm

0_Soccer-FA-Cup-Sixth-Round-Aston-Villa-

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Looks deadly out there 

That is the slipperiest surface imaginable. I once had to give up trying to get to work on that stuff. People were just falling over left right and centre, cars slewing all over the road, real Keystone Cops stuff. 

Â