Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

57 dead in Buffalo, Jesus 

I think that is for the winter storm nationally or perhaps NY state... only ~30 in Buffalo alone.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/blizzard-death-toll-at-33-military-police-state-troopers-coming-to-town-for-traffic-control/article_1f182792-85ea-11ed-a377-bf3cbe7d6c4b.html

"More people in Western New York have died due to this storm than died as a result of the Blizzard of '77."

For comparison, I read that ~20 died in Japan due to blizzard conditions over the last week or so. One would expect Buffalo to be doing way better given how often they get slammed. The post event analysis will be interesting.

• 1 month later...

Here in Perth we have been having high 30s to low 40s while across the Tasman ( in New Zealand ) they have had 1.5 meters of rain in one day.They are experiancing heavy flooding and everything that brings,eg slips/land slides etc etc.

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Here in Perth we have been having high 30s to low 40s while across the Tasman ( in New Zealand ) they have had 1.5 meters of rain in one day.They are experiancing heavy flooding and everything that brings,eg slips/land slides etc etc.

The weather’s been wierd in Aus recently. All the rain in the East, floods in Kimberley. And in Perth it was cooler (read less hot) than last time I was there in 2019, when it was scorching.

Just now, blandy said:

The weather’s been wierd in Aus recently. All the rain in the East, floods in Kimberley. And in Perth it was cooler (read less hot) than last time I was there in 2019, when it was scorching.

the last week its been between 38/42  digrees.Thats more than hot enough for me. I can handle up to 36 but anything over that and I get all irritable and niggley.

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Had fish n chips sat on the beach at Weymouth today.

February 4th, eating outdoors at the seaside, took me coat off too because it wasn’t needed.

Wasn’t even a sunny day.

spacer.png

I have a painting of that boat. I spent a week in a holiday flat (hate the game not the player) opposite that boat and I saw a painting of it and loved it so bought it, the painting that is, not the boat. 

• Like 3

Weymouth was our go to holiday destination, my daughter loves that are too up to the point she had a couple of days in Lyme Regis on Thursday and Friday. It’s a lovely area and seems to benefit from great weather. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

Get you since you left the Hood, windows, whatever next

As it happens I haven't got a window in my office but I just went out to look and it is snowing here too

• Haha 1

I won't mention the weather in this here weather thread, but I'll just say I'm sitting by the log burner having tea and buttered crumpets. How very British of me. 

• Like 2

A lad I grew up with is ALWAYS the first to announce when it’s snowing on facebook, but he does it with a “the posts about it snowing are coming” meme so thinks he’s less of a nob. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I won't mention the weather in this here weather thread, but I'll just say I'm sitting by the log burner having tea and buttered crumpets. How very British of me. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â