Weather...

Dodgyknees

My sons high school has shit the bed and say they’ll close at 12:30.

What difference does if make now they are all already there? They either walk home or get collected at 3 or 12:30, it makes no difference. Keep them till 3 and educate them.

• Like 2

I have never seen snow for real so I dont know what you guys are on about,but surely the weather should be starting to get warmer now ?

Over here we had about 20 seconds of rain yesterday ( first rain since September ) but that shows that autumn is just around the corner.

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I won't mention the weather in this here weather thread, but I'll just say I'm sitting by the log burner having tea and buttered crumpets. How very British of me. 

Just to complete the picture:

Does a busy housewife ply her evening care?

And do children run to lisp their sire's return?

And climb his knees the envied kiss to share?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Stopped snowing here, just drizzling rain.  Unless you are on high ground I don't think it is that bad really.

It stopped here for about half an hour, now it’s picked up again and biggest snow flakes so far.

My wiper broke blade collecting my son. It was jammed into the snow at the bottom of my screen when I did a wipe the little plastic clips broke off. Luckily I had some cable ties to do a running repair.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Just to complete the picture:

Does a busy housewife ply her evening care?

And do children run to lisp their sire's return?

And climb his knees the envied kiss to share?

No, no and no, respectively. 

Although I think I did just hear the curfew toll the knell of parting day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

My sons high school has shit the bed and say they’ll close at 12:30.

What difference does if make now they are all already there? They either walk home or get collected at 3 or 12:30, it makes no difference. Keep them till 3 and educate them.

Yep, same here.  They made everyone trudge up there in heavy snow in the morning, whilst it was still pelting down and rush hour traffic was carnage.  Then decide to close at 12.30 when the snow has stopped, parents have finally got into work and have to come back or make other unplanned arrangements.

I don't get it. Either close or stay open all day.  Would make sense if weather had deteriorated but it had massively improved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I have never seen snow for real so I dont know what you guys are on about,but surely the weather should be starting to get warmer now ?

Over here we had about 20 seconds of rain yesterday ( first rain since September ) but that shows that autumn is just around the corner.

It's more likely to snow in March than at Christmas.  Then again snow is becoming rarer and rarer in these parts.

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

It pissed it down in mid November - only one day, but I got drenched in central Perth - around about the 16th from memory.

19 hours ago, blandy said:

It pissed it down in mid November - only one day, but I got drenched in central Perth - around about the 16th from memory.

There was one day when my daughter said she had rain ( in Chittering ) but we never had any here in Wanneroo.

• Like 1

Suns out.  Just been for a walk down the garden and for the first time this year I can feel warmth really beating down onto my face.

Was tempted to open up one of the sheds as some of the patio furniture is in the sunshine, could have had 10 minutes or so in the sun.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Xela said:

That was either the loudest clap of thunder ever, or the Russians are bombing Sutton Park!

I remember one storm about 10 years ago in the middle of the night. Genuinely terrifying amount of noise and energy for about half an hour. 

Â