Weather...

Dodgyknees

In the last couple of months I've been involved in spec'ing and detailing two refurb roofs for two listed buildings very close to Chesil Beach.

One was pretty much all my research, drawing and supervision. The other got tangled up with Listed Buildings / Conservation / English Heritage planning permits and had to be done to their 'exacting standards' and their 'proven detailing'.

'Their' roof is being repaired this week. They've told the roofer to simply copy my roof across the road.

get in

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another 9 inches of snow due in Boston overnight...frigid temps as well with nasty wind chills due to remain in place through the weekend...We are paying a high price for the last few very mild winters here. 

Looking at the pressure charts, basically another low pressure blown across the Atlantic by the jet stream has arrived. Not only that, but this one has decided to stop over the UK. Cue a prolonged period of yet more wind and rain.

Worst. Winter. Ever.

There were bits on local news here that some houses had been damaged by high winds (referring to the place it happened as the Warwickshire village Galley Common, it's not a village, it's just Nuneaton man) - five roofs damaged in total. I was told that half of Galley Common had had their roofs blown off :rolleyes:

This winter has been fine really. I walk to work every day, leave home about 6:50am, and there have been barely any mornings yet that have felt properly cold.

Â