The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Steven Davis scoring today. For some reason I thought he was older than 30. To think when he left we weren't that bothered, now someone of his ability would walk into our midfield. 

we'd have a much stronger team if we'd kept a lot of our cast offs.

Albrighton, Davis, even Peter Whittingham on set pieces. 

Not Bannan though :lol:

Steven Davis scoring today. For some reason I thought he was older than 30. To think when he left we weren't that bothered, now someone of his ability would walk into our midfield. 

It's almost like placing a little faith in our academy products would be a good idea . . .

You may not have been but I certainly was, always thought the lad was a quality player and MON saw fit to play him in a wider role and then bombed him out of the club. He'd have done much better for us than shite like Sidwell. 

To be fair, at the time a lot of those players left it was probably the right decision. When Davis left he just wasn't ever going to get a game here.

It would take some incredible foresight to predict we'd become bad enough for him to get into our team again.

• Like 3

It's almost like placing a little faith in our academy products would be a good idea . . .

Not really, at the time we had better options so they were released.

• 3 weeks later...

if anybody is looking for a Swedish team to support ;)

Brommapojkarna have announced that they have appointed former Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg as their new coach.

The former Holte End hero, 38, has signed a deal to coach the club for two seasons.

He said: "I look forward to the assignment of BP and feel a lot for the club.

"I have been active with the youth side since I moved up from Copenhagen

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-digest-olof-10511097

• Like 4

Â