Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well you have to cut those 'hideous hospitals' out of your game ;)

For me his job is to sit in front of the defence, hustle, win the ball and move it to the nearest Villa shirt with minimal risk and it's a role desperately required in our team at the moment.

Agreed. We then need Gana, Gil or Vertout to know this and give him an easy out ball when he wins it and then we can play from there. He's not a player you want looking up trying to pick a pass. Basically he's a worse version of Mascherano for Barcelona (when's he's played in midfield), win the ball and then just give it to someone who can play.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said: He's been consistently good for us this season.  The Jekyll and Hyde stuff hasn't been seen since last season.

No he hasn't.

Thing is last season he'd be caught unaware and give the ball away in the worst position possible or play the most suicidal ball imagineable. This season yeah he's given it away a few times late on when he's tired (his fatiguing does need working on), but the rest of our midfield and full backs are giving it away far more often than Carlos.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

To be honest he's just a bad passer. Takes to long to pass and when he does he gives it away far, far too often. Not sure who's passing was worse, his or Nigel Reo-Cokers.

with all respect to you as a human being.   I just simply could not disagree more with this comment.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Well you have to cut those 'hideous hospitals' out of your game ;)

For me his job is to sit in front of the defence, hustle, win the ball and move it to the nearest Villa shirt with minimal risk and it's a role desperately required in our team at the moment.

Indie bandname. 

• Like 1

Surprised to see him dropped 

I've just watched the Garde pre-Watford interview on AVTV, and he said that Sanchez not being with the team for two weeks, being on internationals plus travelling were the reasons he didn't start him.

From that, I'm making the assumption that Sanchez will be a first choice central midfielder under Garde.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He should be. The spinelessness of our midfield on Saturday made clear that we can't afford to leave him out any more, blunders or no blunders. He ain't perfect, but he's (by far) the best we've got. 

Garde said in so many words that he is the only muscle we have in midfield.

I get the impression he likes him a lot.

• Like 2

This is one of the few things that you see clearly in Garde's Lyon side. He loves a proper defensive midfielder. If they have other attributes then great but first and foremost they need to protect the defense.

Neither Lambert or Sherwood utilised Sanchez properly. Garde will.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Watching his interview now. 

Completely irrelevant, but I wonder why he did it in French?

I know he speaks it, but you'd think he'd speak in Spanish.

You'd think he'd do it in English given how long he has been in the country.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

You'd think he'd do it in English given how long he has been in the country.

He did do quite a lot of it in English.

But he started off in French. Obviously just not entirely confident to do a whole 10 minute interview in English.

He's only been here just over a year.

Â