Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I'm starting to think he's a major part of our problems.

He's built strongly, can put in some decent tackles and wins the ball in the air sometimes.  However, he can't compete well enough nearly most of the time (lost out in an aerial AND physical battle with the mighty Joel Campbell earlier in the first half) and is positionally hopeless.  That second Arsenal goal is laughable on all counts, but Sanchez finds himself behind Okore, not near an Arsenal player and completely unable to track back.

He's meant to have man marked Messi out of games?  Not convinced it's the same player at all!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

:crylaugh:

Gotta love some of the comments made on here 

I'd be close to the same view if it wasn't for the fact that we have no other "physical" midfielder in our team.  I don't know what Sanchez offers.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

:crylaugh:

Gotta love some of the comments made on here 

You think he's good then? That second goal watch how slow and lazy he was. He is just utter shite. He will disappear when we go down. I'd start playing Lyden and bring Westwood back in. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'd be close to the same view if it wasn't for the fact that we have no other "physical" midfielder in our team.  I don't know what Sanchez offers.

Hospital balls,suicidal passes and a lack of awareness, knowledge or insight of anything happening around him. The key ingredient you want in any DM....

• Like 1

Him just standing still for five seconds and having the ball nicked outside their area, to find our goals under attack within seconds sums it up.

He doesn't have any awareness of what's going on at all.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

You think he's good then? That second goal watch how slow and lazy he was. He is just utter shite. He will disappear when we go down. I'd start playing Lyden and bring Westwood back in. 

Not especially. I've never particularly rated Sanchez because he is so inconsistent.

I just thought it was funny to say he should never play for the club again

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not especially. I've never particularly rated Sanchez because he is so inconsistent.

When they don't appear to try, like when he didn't make an effort to get back for the second goal, then they don't deserve to play for this club

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not that ridiculous, tbh. He's not Premier League quality. The problem is that we have Premier League quality in almost no positions.

Not as urgent as a forward that has feet, but we need a much better defensive midfielder, this guy is a joke.

• Like 1

Â