Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

A few posts have claimed the club removed Delph's kit photos from the site. Can anyone state when this was done?

I'm curious because I was looking at the site at lunchtime today and Delph was still pictured in the new kit showing his captain's armband.

The picture change I saw was their FB cover photo to one without Delph in it, not sure about the OS. Happened about 10ish last night from what I remember.

Aaaaah feck, we all still love him and respect him. Sheeeeeeee-ite. He changed his mind last minute why?

How do you know he changed his mind last minute? (genuine question)

And why is it a bad thing?

Edited by Stevo985

I wouldn't be surprised if the club knew he was staying all along and the whole thing was a big PR stunt.

What!?

I wouldn't be surprised if the club knew he was staying all along and the whole thing was a big PR stunt!

• Like 1

So glad I've spent the last two days camping with barely any mobile phone signal or interent access - I've missed all the furore of Delph going (barring a text from my old man) and walked in to see the club statement pop up!!!

Well chuffed he's stopping!

A few posts have claimed the club removed Delph's kit photos from the site. Can anyone state when this was done?

I'm curious because I was looking at the site at lunchtime today and Delph was still pictured in the new kit showing his captain's armband.

The picture change I saw was their FB cover photo to one without Delph in it, not sure about the OS. Happened about 10ish last night from what I remember.

Thanks for the reply. There's a chance that fans jumped to an incorrect conclusion over the FB change because surely the club would have taken Delph off the main site as well. Delph was definitely still pictured on the OS at lunchtime today.

I'm really hoping an Arab wearing a Villa scarf knocked on the door of the negotiation room and waved a wad of cash around and said "Stay, Fab. I've got Villa now. And I also have ALL the money. You can have some."

• Like 1

My gawd there's some classes idiots on here.

The same posters who were saying "He wasn't any good anyway" now saying "Haha you believed the media speculation".

Man City did trigger the release clause - FACT 

A Medical was arranged for today - FACT (So Fabian was obviously up for it at this point).

He didn't show up at the Etihad today as arranged - FACT

Only Fabian knows the reason for the U-Turn. Maybe with his wife expecting he thought in the end they could so without the stress of moving etc. Or maybe he came to his senses after remembering his infamous "there's still loyalty in football" quote. Or maybe the club/Randy spoke to him. This part we'll probably never know. But the move was obviously on at one point.  

• Like 2

@earl.... reading that Mirror article, with the headline "Micah Richards fears Fabian Delph and Christian Benteke could both leave Aston Villa this summer", the interview from Richards suggests he 'fears' nothing of the sort. It's all the Mirror journo's narrative in between the actual quotes.

Agreed, I bet Micah knew that Fabian was staying before he even signed for us.

• Like 1

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

When did you react? Are you on a natural react delay mechanism.
What the hell are you on about?
Get yer maginfying glass out because I haven't the energy to CAPS this, bit the word you are looking for is HINDSIGHT - shit bugger I did have the energy.
Yet again what the HELL are you talking about? See I can do it too CApS

Your justification makes little to no sense

Erm, ok, I expected this? I expected Delph to stay? He is defensible? Fine, so why is he staying, he hasn't said?
You don't like Delph do you?
Would you had he gone to Citeh? He was clearly so close to it, so close, what changed? Nonsense that it is some fan paranoia, every press outlet was reporting it. It was about to happen. So now the question is why did it not happen? Because he is beyond reproach?
If you read my earlier posts you will see I expected it to be a done deal and I said thank you, good luck. I would not have blamed him for leaving but delighted he staying.
Me too - I am so delighted, I am made up - he is our heart - we will storm 15th place now.

Well you really are a ray of sunshine aren't you?!?

Just ignore him seriously his posts make no sense whatsoever

This is Delph-anetely the best news all weekend

My gawd there's some classes idiots on here.

The same posters who were saying "He wasn't any good anyway" now saying "Haha you believed the media speculation".

Man City did trigger the release clause - FACT 

A Medical was arranged for today - FACT (So Fabian was obviously up for it at this point).

He didn't show up at the Etihad today as arranged - FACT

Only Fabian knows the reason for the U-Turn. Maybe with his wife expecting he thought in the end they could so without the stress of moving etc. Or maybe he came to his senses after remembering his infamous "there's still loyalty in football" quote. Or maybe the club/Randy spoke to him. This part we'll probably never know. But the move was obviously on at one point.  

We don't know that any of those things are fact, do we. The media were wrong about him leaving so it could well follow that they were wrong about all the other stuff they've written regarding this affair.

• Like 2

For it to go as far as being covered by the BBC means that it came from an official source. Seemingly he was off, then had a last-minute change of heart.

• Like 1

I wonder if there is yet another twist in this saga? I can't believe that someone would risk his place in the England setup for the extra cash? If they offered me double money then of course I would take it... Would make a difference to me... When you are already a multi-millionaire, then extra money wouldn't be as big of a motivating factor... Success would be sure, but only if you played a big part in it.... Do you think that Chelsea's office cleaner celebrated winning the league like the players did??

What I said

For it to go as far as being covered by the BBC means that it came from an official source. Seemingly he was off, then had a last-minute change of heart.

That's what I reckon. Usually when the BBC stick it up outside the gossip section it's legit. Dont give a **** though he stayed with us and I'm chuffed to bits. 

I cant believe that he actually turned them down, Very brave decision.

You have to admire players that stay loyal instead of jump ship to join a bigger boat, He will be rememberd for a very long time for this.

Same with Steven Gerrard, say what u want about him, but you have to admire him for staying loyal to liverpool for all those years.

• Like 1

Probably the journalist lying again. I mean why would he want to be the main aston villa journalist for the local paper.

Because it's the job he gets paid to do?

Exactly, so why jeopardize that by lying that the club have told him things? You think the club are going to continue to give him the access he currently has if he is making things up and claiming that the club told him it? He hasn't said a source, he's said aston villa officials have told him this.  

Edit - Just read the post asking to stop talking about journalists so I won't add anything else.

Edited by DCJonah

Â