Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I hope he doesn't read this forum :D

I think the number of pro footballers who view their own clubs forums would be surprisingly high.

If I was a footballer I would. Human curiosity isn't it?

Most definitely.

So everyone who got sucked in is now trying rationalize it by claiming that he wanted to go and made a U-turn at the last minute or that City pulled out. Accept that you were wrong to follow the lazy journos in jumping to conclusions. He's staying and there was never any hard evidence to suggest otherwise. And now there is no hard evidence that he was ever close to leaving. The only real evidence of any kind is Delph's own documented words and actions in January and now: He's excited about leading Villa in the new season. Richards' statements prove nothing more than that City may have activated the clause so they could talk to him, but no one has any evidence he ever did anything more than ask Micah about them. No reports of them ever meeting, just people assuming that he went scurrying to them at the scent of money as soon he learned of their interest. And now a lot of people would still rather believe that the press (who presented absolutely no evidence) were right and Delph is still lying about wanting to stay all along.

• Like 3

Obviously Citeh didn't give him assurances of playing time and sense has prevailed. Don't mug yourselves off though Delph would have gone, support the club not the players.

That's obvious to you but not to me. Can you provide evidence for that?

• Like 1

More believeable than what the media say.

CJpQEJvUAAA4PDh.jpg

Brilliant Sir

Thanks, but I didn't take that, I just copied and pasted from twitter

Not sure anybody "took" that photo ;)

Sure they did, I was there.  I even made a note about it on some wiki page and tweeted it...must be true.

Obviously Citeh didn't give him assurances of playing time and sense has prevailed. Don't mug yourselves off though Delph would have gone, support the club not the players.

That's obvious to you but not to me. Can you provide evidence for that?
I think some of it comes from the words of Micah Richards who warned him about the dangers of being signed just to make up the numbers.

More believeable than what the media say.

CJpQEJvUAAA4PDh.jpg

needs a rainbow, 

what great news, it seemed certain he was off this morning and what he said in Jan really would have looked bad for him had he gone. Right now though, what can you say? Top lad, incredible to think he *could* have not re-signed in Jan and gone to City for huge wages on a free.

I really didn't want to beleive he'd say what he did in Jan and then jump ship, happy days.

Â