The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Possibly a match that fits both ways?

Best appointment available imo

Early days to talk about subs/selections I wouldn't have bought Grealish on. 3 points makes it irrelevant

We've been the better team in the last 3 games-The player threads are positive

I'm behind him 100%

I thought the switch to a 3-5-2 of sorts with Delph playing the Sweeper role was something very daring and different. He changed it up tactically quite a lot during the game, with mixed results but ultimately 3 points.

It's easier to say than it was yesterday of course but I felt the same then - I am pleased with him so far. It feels as though a negative weight has been lifted. His enthusiasm and his confidence are genuine and infectious to me. It adds an extra decibel to my voice and you can tell it adds to the effort on the pitch.

Roll on Saturday. Can't wait.

• Like 2

I'm enjoying his energy and our play under him so far. This seasons all about survival and if he can achieve that then I'll happily support him next season with what I believe will be a much changed team.

So far so good.

• Like 1

I like the way he said he changed to more of a passing game because relegation battles aren't suiting our style. I'm enjoying his management so far, even if team selections are not always to my liking.

We're getting there under him. 3 games in and we could've won all of them but for the utter lack of belief and confidence in the final third. Bit by bit it's been improving in each game, and hopefully the players now have the belief to go out and do their thing.

I don't put that necessarily down to Sherwood as such, though. I said when Lambert was here that ANYONE else would be able to turn us around, and I think we're seeing that here. He was utterly stagnant and we needed new blood and new ideas. Sherwood could well turn out to be a Gregory-esque match where we got the the guy who on paper wasn't all that impressive, but circumstances worked out to actually make it a really good appointment. Or he could be a dud. Doesn't matter for now, the key thing is that he's not Lambert

Edited by P3te

Really impressed with Sherwood. My favourite managers in football right now are Simeone and Klopp and whilst i'm not going to make comparisons between Sherwood and them tactically yet you can definetly see a few similarities in their motivational abilities.

People keep saying that "He's good at press conferences, but that's only one part of being a manager."

I'd argue he's good at a bloody lot of things. In fact the only thing questionable as yet are his tactics, and even they proved successful last night.

He has brought people shouting back to Villa Park, he's motivated the players to go out there and try to win games, He's making them sweat and smile on the training ground, and he's won a game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... What a guy.

I think Gil has to start at home if we persist with slow possession, he's the only one who can break teams down. Nobody else moves, unless we bring on Sinclair/Weimann.

But fair play to Tim, we honestly could have been 4-0 up at half time, with a hat trick from Gabby and I didn't want him to start.. Saying that how stupid of me Gabby always does it in the Derbies!

I'm really happy with the changes that have been made so far. We're attacking a lot more, we're mixing up the play and successfully passing it on the floor and in the air. Also, Sherwood had us playing to Gabby's strengths last night (knocking balls for him to run on to), which we haven't done properly for a while.

Another thing to mention is that he's getting performances out of many who had been written off in our squad. I didn't want N'Zogbia to start last night, but then he was very good. Against Stoke, I didn't want Richardson to start, but then he seemed instrumental to our attacking play, and I was disappointed when he went off with an injury.

Hopefully with a few more weeks of coaching the team, we'll slowly improve more with Sherwood.

UTV!

What impressed me most about Sherwood last night was his treatment of Benteke after the game - so similar to MON with Ashley Young after the Everton game and the "you're a genius" stuff. Benteke needs a confidence boost and that will only help him.

I like style too, I'd rather the press spoke about Sherwood than the team. All a but Jose.

Â