• El Ahmadi
    • Albrighton
    • Sylla
    • Tonev
    • Kozak
    • Bowery (for El Ahmandi 46)
    • Helenius (for Kozak 46)
    • Robinson (for Tonev 82)

Bent who isn't scoring goals for Fulham?

Scored the winner tonight.

And has still scored less goals in 2013 ( and this season )than Benteke who replaced him

So of there is a point being made by people mention Bent , hurry up and get to it :)

Why is everyone over reacting? Spurs had 4 to 5 first teamers playing(Paulinho, Vertonghen, Sandro/Dembele and Walker) we had 3(Vlaar, KEA and Lowton). It was hardly surprising we got out played. The fact of the matter is, for the majority of the game we were competitive. We were never going to beat Spurs. They have one of the strongest squads in Europe. It was a good effort from our lads, we certainly didn't deserve to lose by 4. If we had been giving that penalty I reckon we would've taken them to extra time. Everyone just calm down, we've beaten Arsenal and Norwich this year, was unlucky against Chelsea and Liverpool and played poorly against Newcastle. We'll be fine this season

Brilliant attitude.

Walked out just after half time...missus was feeling unwell, not surprised watching that.

That was low grade football for me....and no signs of changing.

My big worry is thay in certain terms we are simply not developing.....at home we have no idea at all. We have no idea how to take a game to the opposition..we allow them the ascendency and the just watch them grow in confidence.

It's actually sickly to watch.

• Like 1

Starting to lose faith in Lambert. Home form is a shambles and he cannot get the team to perform at home at all.

That defence today was near enough first team. Lowton, vlaar , baker, Bennett. Not much between baker n Clark.

Even more worryingly is the inability to create chances. End of last season we were attacking for fun, but because it meant something. Now we are limp.

Poor. Sort it out lambert

Wouldn't be VT without some fantastic overreactions.

How are they overreactions?

We were awful for the majority of last season and it looks like the trend is continuing bar a freak result against Arsenal.

• Like 2

Remember. Spurs got to where they are now by buying cheap young players from the lower leagues and abroad. Some made it, like Bale and Walker, others were sold for a profit and replaced with better players from abroad. Villa needed a reset, and are doing now what spurs tried to do a few years earlier. UTV!!!

I said there would be less than 25,000 in, and I was right. Should been lower ticket prices, but I guess the result would have been the same. Its pros and cons. The pros is that I am so glad I am on holiday in spain getting my tan in and saving my money for yet another witless home performance. The cons is that we have no cup games til January and shows the yawning gap between us and spuds regarding spending power, future success, and squad depth. Even though we have  a bigger stadium than them and are the biggest club in our area, unlike them.  Man City could be fun, making Hull another pressure game.

FA Cup 3rd round is a long time to wait for more cup action. But it will be our year for the cup.......

4-0 is a harsh scoreline.  Both teams put out second string line-ups. Only Vlaar and KEA could be considered starters from that line-up. With Spurs strenght in depth it's not surprising their second string hammered ours, but really this should never have been a hammering and the last two goals only came because we were chasing a game we should have been chasing!

Steer - 5 - Solid until the third goal which he should have stopped confortably.

Lowton - 3 - Poor again, Bacuna looks the better option.

Vlaar - 5 - got pulled out of position a number of times by great movement from Defoe and slick pass and move footie from spurs. Didn't make any major errors though!

Baker 6 - Best defender for us tonight, looking like a solid premier league CB.

Bennett - 6 - Second best defender for us tonight, all spur most dangerous move came from our right, our left was very stingy today.  Probably should start ahead of Luna.

El-Ahmadi - 4 - Poor today, rightly subbed at half time. 

Sylla - 5 - tried his best, tried to make things happen but was at fault for the fourth tottenham goal.

Bacuna -5 - Worked hard but his interplay is not upto scratch, to often passed to no one!

Albrighton - 6.5 - MOM, best Villa player by far, worked hard, always looked like he could make something happen, unfortunately couldn't find that telling ball, a few matches would help him.

Tonev - 6 - Had a hard time against Kyle Walker, looked lively though, but like the rest of our forwards often found himself isolated.

Kozak - 5 - Did nothing, but had nothing to feed off!

Bowery - 4 - Lacks quality, but works hard!

Helenius - 5.5 - Should've won a penalty, looks a trick player and needed some support.

I think Lowton needs to go back to the bench, and KEA is too negative. Would be happy to see Sylla and Bennett come into the team, Bacuna at right back and Delph back in the midfield.  Albrighton looks a viable alternative to Weimann and Tonev needs time.  Man City will be tough, but its the kind game we could thrive in. If KEA is in the team he should be played as a holding midfielder where he negativity is a requirement!

If only two of that squad are good enough to start in our first 11, why the **** did Lambert buy 9 of them?

Maybe you could include lowton but Bacuna has been better than him last season.  The other 9 are our back-up's duh! Though Baker and Clark is a toss up they have both been solid this season, however Okore would be the starter if not out for the season.  Everyone talking about being whooped by the Spurs b team, but it was our B team out there today too! Spurs had a 30m player and a 17m player start that game, not to mention proper internationals like Walker, Vertongen, Defoe, Chadli, Dembele, Kaboul.  That Spurs team was real quality! 

Also we started that match with 4 new signing, Albrighton our best player had his first start in over a year, then we brought on another new signing, a league 2 player and a youngster! As the new signings settle in and the first teamers return things will be much improved.  The negativity is understandable, we just lost 4 bloody 1, but we need to keep it in perspective!

Why is everyone over reacting? Spurs had 4 to 5 first teamers playing(Paulinho, Vertonghen, Sandro/Dembele and Walker) we had 3(Vlaar, KEA and Lowton). It was hardly surprising we got out played. The fact of the matter is, for the majority of the game we were competitive. We were never going to beat Spurs. They have one of the strongest squads in Europe. It was a good effort from our lads, we certainly didn't deserve to lose by 4. If we had been giving that penalty I reckon we would've taken them to extra time. Everyone just calm down, we've beaten Arsenal and Norwich this year, was unlucky against Chelsea and Liverpool and played poorly against Newcastle. We'll be fine this season

Disagree with us being unlucky against LIverpool....you can level that against any one goal difference defeat...in boxing terms we were out pointed.

You need to watch the game.

Brilliant attitude.

well were you expecting us to? Maybe our first team can but not our reserves.

Disagree with us being unlucky against LIverpool....you can level that against any one goal difference defeat...in boxing terms we were out pointed.

You need to watch the game.

I was at the game and I thought we did enough to get a point out of it. When we changed from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 we looked a whole lot better.

Â