• El Ahmadi
    • Albrighton
    • Sylla
    • Tonev
    • Kozak
    • Bowery (for El Ahmandi 46)
    • Helenius (for Kozak 46)
    • Robinson (for Tonev 82)

We've just hoping to be the next Wigan by buying a load of cheap, lower European league tat and hoping we scrape enough points to stay in the Premier League.  KEA, Tonev, Bowery, Bacuna, Helenius and Sylla were all dire today.  As was Steer.

• Like 1

Would have taken 2-0 before kick off tbh

4-0 is embarrassing and demoralising even if it was a lot of the reserves out there

Albrighton looked interested but still lacks any quality

Tonev improved as the game went on

And errrrm that's about it

A pen at 1-0 and maybe its a different outcome but a poor ref decision doesn't paper over the cracks ... It was men v boys out there tonight

I hope Lambert has something up his sleeve for the Jan window

Yet another god-awful cup exit. No trophies this season but after 17 years I guess we're used to it.

A Spurs B team just beat us 4-0 at home. A Man City bumming to come, things are going to get worse before they get better.

A Spurs 'B' team that cost over £50m to assemble.

Thats just covers Paulinho ,Lamela and Sandro ...

If you're a shit premier league side we might beat you.

If you're average to good then there is a very good chance you will win comfortably

Every season all poor teams pull a result out of the bag that they had no right to get, for Villa we had ours on the opening day of the season.

Only saw it from the 50 minute mark but we didn't really look like scoring even though there was a lot of huff and puff. Albrighton MOTM with Sylla, Bennett and Baker not too bad either.

Hate to say it but Spurs aren't just looking a top 4 team with their squad but a champion winning team. The sale of Bale was the best thing they could do.

Switched off at half-time because it was dire, just seen the result and goals. This is shocking considering both teams are playing weakened teams; there are no excuses, we are the home team!

Finally that Steer is very poor by the looks of things; his pre-season was bad too!

Helenius looks decent with the ball at his feet. Stick him behind Benteke or Kozak and you're laughing,

Tonev needs more time to settle but he does certainly have an Atomic strike.

Marc looked good and hungry, getting back on form hopefully.

Baker is pretty solid.

• Like 2

lot of over reactions here, it was spurs reserves but just look at their squad, we were not at full strength either by a long shot.

yes they had more quality over the pitch but they have just spent a metric fuckton of money.

And against all but one team this season prior to us they scraped a win by a single goal.

Our Jan2013 form is coming early this season, City are going to wallop us. I just don't understand how anyone can find anything positive about this squad other than Benteke? We could go down this season, I am already thinking who is worse than us already.

it was the same last season though, our first eleven looked able to compete - any injuries or major changes to our tactics meant humiliating losses. Our first eleven have become more resilient, but that resilience is fragile. None of the fundamental problems have changed and long-term injuries to Benteke (unconfirmed) and Okore could really damage us. The policy of gambling on unknown young hungry inexperienced players from home and abroad is laughable. To make such a gamble your team needs a spine to start off with, you need experienced players to help mould and bring on the young players. We have nothing. Vlaar and Gabby can't lead. I love this club, but I can't blindly believe in what Lambert is trying to do, do any of you really subscribe to another two seasons of humiliation and relegation dog fights in order for this great plan to pay off?

Yeah starting to think the Arsenal result was a one-off mad result. We managed to beat Chelsea quite comfortably for no reason under McLeish.....and last season we beat a dire Liverpool team 3-1. I worry we've had our one good performance a season against the big boys already. Normal service will resume on saturday, a 5-0 bumming against Man city. Yaya Toure will rape our bunch of plodders easily.

• Like 1

Â