What is that 1 song you love by that 1 artist you hate?

BOF

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Nah, Van the Man actually has a golden period. Blokes a complete arse but he does have a very creditable "best of" in his history, none of which is in at least the last 30 years or longer.

Correct. I can't see how anyone could like "TB Sheets" and not love the Astral Weeks album. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Correct. I can't see how anyone could like "TB Sheets" and not love the Astral Weeks album. 

I knew I'd get some shit for that one. Believe me I've tried, multiple times and don't fully understand why it doesn't click. But here we are.

Britney, Kylie…I can think of two or three for each that I would say are objectively good pop songs. 

There’s plenty of artists whom I’ve only heard of one song, I like that song and strongly suspect the rest isn’t anywhere near as good. But I’m edging closer into one hit wonder territory and am trying to avoid it.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

yup. it's great.

Bingo!

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

An absolutely brilliant pop song.

The rest of her stuff...meh.

Double bingo! 

• Like 2

i dont even like mr brightside...really overrated band

theres a few by bands that i dont think are shit i just dont like them, hand that feeds by NIN, tonight tonight by smashing pumpkins, duality by slipknot

ill add an album, it's a collaboration with anderson paak - bruno mars as Silk Sonic An Evening with Silk Sonic 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

theres a few by bands that i dont think are shit i just dont like them, hand that feeds by NIN, tonight tonight by smashing pumpkins, duality by slipknot

All fantastic tracks. Tho i also quite like the bands too. 

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My problem is I can't narrow it down to one, Coldplay for example i like 5 or 6 of their early stuff

Yes this is another problem I’m having.

Say, the Stereophonics, probably I’d say “Local Boy in the Photograph” is their standout, but there’s a handful of other songs of theirs that I think are alright. Nothing that I would listen to regularly (or indeed own), but ok. 

Maybe something like “Naive” by the Kooks? Everything else I remember from them I wasn’t fond of, but that one stood out.

I suspect the rather dull answer to this for me is there’s probably one rap/hip hop song that I like but couldn’t stand anything else by the artist. But nothing obvious is standing out.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

but from what I have heard this one is streets ahead of anything else

nah. Flock of Seabats had a few decent electronic pop hits. I Ran was the breakthrough but Telecommunication and Space Age Love Song were alright too. Most of it was drivel though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

nah. Flock of Seabats had a few decent electronic pop hits. I Ran was the breakthrough but Telecommunication and Space Age Love Song were alright too. Most of it was drivel though

For me that's the only one that sticks, then again I didn't really listen much to them at the time.

Â