What is that 1 song you love by that 1 artist you hate?

BOF

Slightly OT but bearing in mind this was pre interweb and twitter bollocks

Did your school have the rumour about Almond and the stomach pump / pints of seamen ?

Just wondered if it was nationwide or just isolated areas ...

Nationwide.

Actually kind of worldwide.In the grand world of chinese whispers back in New Zealand IIRC it was supposedly Rod Stewart.

Slightly OT but bearing in mind this was pre interweb and twitter bollocks

Did your school have the rumour about Almond and the stomach pump / pints of seamen ?

Just wondered if it was nationwide or just isolated areas ...

Nationwide.

Actually kind of worldwide.In the grand world of chinese whispers back in New Zealand IIRC it was supposedly Rod Stewart.

Yeah, that rumour changes depending on where you live and what year it is.  It was certainly a rumour when I was at school, though they said it was Elton John. 

I'll also vouch for Baby by Justin bieber.

Also Love Story by Taylor Swift but that's more to do with Band Hero than anything else, sorry CED. :)

Does his borderline-illegal infatuation stretch to her music too? Not sure :)

Xann, on 27 Sept 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Rod Stewart was supposedly the original subject of the tale.

I'm at work, but if you Youtube Rod Stewart Stomach Pump I think he explains how it came to pass.

you learn something new every day  , so presumably Rod is the original and the name just gets updated every few years or so  ...

Rod himself spoke about it on a US chat show  , he seemed to find it amusing at least

By 1982, Stewart was married to actress Alana Hamilton, ex-wife of actor George Hamilton. They went on vacation in Hawaii, and Toon came along. The hotel was overbooked, so Toon and Alana's son Ashley, who was 7, shared a room. "Toon, of course, couldn't resist pulling some bloke in the bar that evening and taking him back to the room. I fired him in the morning. Toon's revenge was absolutely inspired. He fed the press a story in which, as a consequence of an evening spent orally servicing a gang of sailors in a gay bar in San Diego, I had been required to check into a hospital emergency room to have my stomach pumped...I have never orally pleasured even a solitary sailor, let alone a ship's worth in one evening. And I have never had my stomach pumped, either of naval-issue semen or of any other kind of semen. With minor variations...this story has stayed with me ever since. Say what you like about Tony Toon-and God rest his soul-but he was good at his job."

I'll also vouch for Baby by Justin bieber.

Also Love Story by Taylor Swift but that's more to do with Band Hero than anything else, sorry CED. :)

Does his borderline-illegal infatuation stretch to her music too? Not sure :)

Ah maybe he just thinks she's a piece of ass so :)

Risso, on 27 Sept 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

It's a bit like the Neil Tennant/hamster/rectum stories, that's been applied to a few celebs over the years as well.

in case his lawyers are watching I'm not naming names

in an unrelated issue , did Richard Gere sing on the soundtrack for Chicago ?

Frankie goes to Hollywood - Relax

Trevor Horn made a nylon purse out of a pig's rectum with Frankie.

They were filmed before he got them in to the studio - Bad, like the worst bad pub gig you've ever been to bad. Perhaps worse.

• Haha 1

Â