What is that 1 song you love by that 1 artist you hate?

BOF

Dire Straits- Romeo and Juliet

Brittney Spears- toxic

Kasabian, can't think of the song I actually enjoy by them, but Brumerican knows it.

Hot Chip - Over and Over

Brittney Spears- toxic

dunno about you but it was the video that won me over :)

*laughing* Nope. The video didn't win me. I still hate that the song did.

...pints of seamen ?

346rkht.jpg?

That rumour was rife, though apparently untrue.

:) That wasn't how I typed it !! Honest guv

But that aside , its interesting how the rumour went national pre social media , Internet etc

( I think we all know it isn't true , but tbf I was about 10 at the time ... I think it resurfaced later in the 80's for Morrissey as well if I recall )

Did kids write it down on a piece if paper and send it around the country on a carrier pigeon ?? How did the rumour spread so far ?

I've heard said rumour attached to several people and alas it can't be true. 

SNOPES.com (NOT linking to the story at work) confirm that it would take approximatley 3 days of constant blow jobbery to ingest the required amount, which would also exceed the capacity of most human stomachs. 

ON TOPIC: 

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brittney Spears- toxic

Kasabian, can't think of the song I actually enjoy by them, but Brumerican knows it.

Hot Chip - Over and Over

You hate Dire Straits? You animal.

Brittney Spears- toxic

Hot Chip - Over and Over

I hate Dire Straits too...bloody housing prices!

"Hand held in black and white" - Dollar. Very percussive number, think Trevor Horn produced it. As a rule couldn't stand 'em but must add that the blonde piece (Theresa summat) does look rather rude.

Brittney Spears- toxic

Hot Chip - Over and Over

In Jacksonville Florida we never have less than 3 old rock stations at one time on the radio. MY ENTIRE LIFE all of those stations just have to play Money for Nothing about 6 times a day. Sometimes at the same time. I love classic rock. But that song just became annoying along with the Sultans of Swing. As much as I love Steve Miller Band I still can't hear Fly Like an Eagle(Time Keeps on Slipping) without cringing. There is just a certain list that they have played out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I was 17 before I ever knew Dire Straights had other songs.

Also, Sting creeps me out.

Sting wasn't in Dire Straits.

I know that. He was, for some random reason, in the background vocals on Money For Nothing and it creeped me out, since he has always creeped me out.

• Like 1

Â