What is that 1 song you love by that 1 artist you hate?

BOF

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

He's a stupid looking clearing in the woods who makes turgid dross records. Apart from Friday I'm in Love, which is moderately OK. 

There. I said it. 

I respectfully disagree with your opinion on the basis that it is fundamentally wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

He's a stupid looking clearing in the woods who makes turgid dross records. Apart from Friday I'm in Love, which is moderately OK. 

There. I said it. 

I think I'm fair - I believe that everybody should be entitled to their own opinion, no matter how horribly wrong they are.

I got my first girlfriend by back combing my hair, wearing crap makeup and titting around dressed all in black. I won't have a bad word said against the titan of alt-pop-but-never-felt-like-goth music, that said you can say all you want about that first girlfriend!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bielesibub said:

I think I'm fair - I believe that everybody should be entitled to their own opinion, no matter how horribly wrong they are.

I got my first girlfriend by back combing my hair, wearing crap makeup and titting around dressed all in black. I won't have a bad word said against the titan of alt-pop-but-never-felt-like-goth music, that said you can say all you want about that first girlfriend!

Yeah, generations, innit? 

Having been myself a c1970 cheesecloth'n'flares type, from glam rock onwards, I'd joined the ranks of the "the youth of today look ridiculous" brigade.  :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I thought I had a Kylie contender and Some kind of bliss but just relistened and its probably not as good as I remember. Possibly written by The Manics? Certainly sounds very mid nineties. She does look good in the video though.

Yep, co-written by James Dean Bradfield of the Manics. You can tell because it's a) shit and sounds like If You Tolerate This b) the chorus just repeats the same thing over and over and c) the words don't quite fit the tune and have to be dragged out. Rubbish.

• Like 2

Robert Smith is the most interesting of artists in the flesh. He's not lovely, cuddles, lovely, but he's passionate about music. All sorts of music, a total surprise package in that respect.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Wired for sound by Cliff Richards - utter guilty pleasure, it’s a hilarious song! 

I was there when he was recording the video in Milton Keynes shopping centre.

• Haha 1

I wasn't sure I'd ever think of a song for this pair of topics but then someone mentioned James. Hate may be a strong term for James but I'm not really a fan of anything but their Factory records output and I've always loved this one.

• Like 1

Here's another one and it is Beatles related, I only posted this the other week because its on a compilation I bought

Released in 1970 it could easily be a 1979 Post-punk classic

I genuinely really like this tune

• Shocked 1

Â