What is that 1 song you love by that 1 artist you hate?

BOF

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

my definition of 'shit', for the purposes of this thread, is 'I (mostly) don't like it'. 

As @JoshVilla says upthread, bound to ruffle some feathers. 

In that case, I understand.

Not so much ruffled feathers  - I mean people can like or dislike what they want, I was just stunned, really.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd be more likely to post a Bob Dylan song in this thread

Just to be clear. I don't like any Beatles songs, nor Queen, nor Elvis

I thought elvis, I like burning love

I actually like a few cover versions of his songs but find him a bit slow and dour most of the time, just don't like his voice or singing style, can't help falling in love for example there's a great song in there somewhere but not delivered by him, the UB40 version is better

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

can't help falling in love for example there's a great song in there somewhere but not delivered by him, the UB40 version is better

See, you were doing really well but then your otherwise well constructed argument fell apart like a Liz Truss premiership

I was agreeing with you, yep, yep, yep, get the f*** out of here :D

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

‘Confide in me’ and ‘Where the Wild Roses Grow’ are good songs. This is just generic supermarket pop.

Where the Wild Roses Grow is a belting song. From a belting album by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Murder Ballads. I don’t think I know confide in me. And yeah, can’t get you out of my head is pop , I just think it’s one of the best pop songs ever made. It’s basically a perfect pop song.

I am not a fan of Kylie but she did have some belting tunes, off her last but one album, Dancin. Than all the way back to her debut there were a couple of tracks on each album that were good. If you got past the fact that it was PWL at its most manufacturered. 

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am not a fan of Kylie but she did have some belting tunes, off her last but one album, Dancin. Than all the way back to her debut there were a couple of tracks on each album that were good. If you got past the fact that it was PWL at its most manufacturered. 

The early stuff was just Rick Astley album tracks played at 45 or was Rick Astley, Kylie singles played at 33. I forget :D 

(it works btw)

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“Confide in Me” was one of the additional songs I was thinking of where I felt I couldn’t say Kylie just has one good tune. Quite different to her typical output.

Yeah, that’s good. Never heard it before. I guess I have to rescind my post, then. Soz Kyles.

• Haha 1

Â