Libor Kozák

samjp26

or Reo-Coker or Luke Young

unless Kozak has come back from his broken leg a mix of Neuer, Benteke, Ronaldo and Messi then I dont think he would be that useful at the moment

Yeah who needs goals eh...

Gestede has 4 goals this season, the same amount Kozak has for the club

• Like 2

Not really fair considering he broke his leg and Kozak was never really first choice with Benteke in front of him. He came back from that and looked good during pre season but as I said the fraud in charge discarded him. Personally he should wait as the new manager will bring him back in and he will contribute hopefully it won't be too late by then.

unless Kozak has come back from his broken leg a mix of Neuer, Benteke, Ronaldo and Messi then I dont think he would be that useful at the moment

Yeah Gestede has 4 goals...Does that mean we dont need any other goal scorers? 

Forward is very much a problem and we can't rely on a one dimensional big man up front to be our only threat, we need to be able to mix it up as we are very predictable. A striker like libor would give defenders something else to think about and get them moving around rather than what Gestede offers which is covering about 10 yards of the pitch around the edge of the opposition box.

• Like 1

Forward is very much a problem and we can't rely on a one dimensional big man up front to be our only threat, we need to be able to mix it up as we are very predictable. A striker like libor would give defenders something else to think about and get them moving around rather than what Gestede offers which is covering about 10 yards of the pitch around the edge of the opposition box.

My thoughts exactly. Mark Gestede effectively and that pretty much kills our goal scoring potential. Kozak would at least give us a different option but 'Tactics Tim' clearly know better.

Kozak's hold up play during the couple of pre season friendlies I saw was atrocious... He is not the answer people think he is! Sherwood already had a lot of stick to be beaten with.. People just want this to be another when in reality it is a non entity! 

• Like 2

Who's the sub striker who can nick goals off the bench again?

I'm not saying Kozak is a world beater but he proved under Lambert he can poach goals from limited chances so ridiculous he can't get into the 18.

But y;know many he can play some aspects of that targetman role better than Gestede can.

Rudy seems a very reactive forward to me, if pinpoint crosses aren't coming into the box for head to head in he generally seems to react when balls are bobbling around the box.

What I liked about Kozak and some of his goals was that he gambled e.g. at Stoke he anticipated that Pieters would make a poor backpass and that got him a goal, same v Cardiff.

• Like 1

but we dont need a targetman option when we start a targetman, you need play different attacking options on the bench

a target man holds the ball up and lays it off, not sure Gestede does much of that, not to say he can't

in all honesty Kozak is probably more a poacher than a target man

but it feels like Sinclair, Traore, Grealish and Ayew are all the same style of player - i.e. they play on the flanks and look to set up more goals than they look to score. Gabby tries to be a finisher but fails miserably most of the time.

I just really don't get it. What does Tim have against Libor? Why not at least give him some sub minutes or give him some time in the cup games? Our other striker options are awful. Literally no reason not to give him a go. 

Â